Friday, July 11, 2008

Life is unfair.
I'm still unemployed with little hope for finding a job in my field.
It's discouraging to look for jobs and find nothing, either I am unqualified for the position, do not have enough experience or can't get to the job because it is out of town. I'm not ready to find a crappy minimum wage job but I am getting pretty restless and lacking routine. And neither of those things are good for me.
I'm getting bored, really bored
but I am reading a lot of books.
I have read two books in less than a week which were "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards and "Mistaken Identity" by Don and Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen and Whitney Cerak. Both very good books, obviously because I read them in about a week.
I have started on "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire and then I will be starting "Island of Lost Girls" by Jennifer McMahon. "Island of Lost Girls was reccommended by People Magazine and received some decent reviews so we will see how it turns out. Next on my list to read are:
"Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by Gregory Maguire
"Son of a Witch" by Gregory Maguire
"The Wizard of Oz" even though I have seen the movie a million times
and "To Kill a Mockingbird" I read this in high school and loved it so I would like to read it again.
My concert extravaganza will not be as great as last year due to that minor detail known as unemployment but however I have tickets to the following concerts and I am really excited.
The first concert will be Rancid, then Def Leppard with Billy Idol, then the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest Tour featuring Slipknot and Disturbed and last but certainly not least New Kids on the Block. I want to see New Kids so badly but the sooner that day comes it will mean that the summer is over.
Last but certainly not least I just want to say that I miss my Grandpa. I would also like to ask that my Grandpa leave coins larger than pennies and dimes, I would think after 9 years we would have at least upgraded to a quater. However that is not to say that I do not appreciate finding a penny on my pillow after a bad day.

5 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Your grandpa used to put change on your pillow? How cool is that?

The concert extravaganza sounds fun!

Sorry about your unemployment. Does you school offer job placement assistance?

Michael Colvin said...

It takes time to find the right thing and sometimes it takes several jobs to do it. Hang in there!

The Preacherman said...

frustrating eh? How can you get the experience if they won't employ you in the first place to get the experience?

Still the gigs sound good. Billy Idol? Memories. Generation X somewhere in town around '79 I think......

work is a four letter word ;-)

Biddie said...

Actually, my Dad still leaves pennies, and sometimes dimes. I always know when he has stopped by to visit.
I wish that Poison was coming back. That was the best show ever!

Heidi the Hick said...

You know what? Life is unfair. It just is. But it can also be wonderful.

You do need routine. Not locked in by the second but just a basic idea of what to do in a day. My pshrink told me that it's good to have a basic routine to create stability.

I'm kind of thinking you should just go for the crap job for now. At least that way you can afford to do stuff and not have to ask anybody else for money. Think what that would do for your self esteem!

But don't think that there's no hope for getting a job in your field. I mean, if you believe that, why the hell even get up in the morning, and tha'ts no way to live. Maybe there is a job out there and it's just not open yet. Somebody right now could be thinking of moving on. So don't give up! There's gotta be some hope. Cling to it.

Oh boy, that's a lot of wisdom from your Aunt Heidi.

Please blow Billy Idol a kiss for me. And remember-

EVERY DAY IS BILLY IDOL DAY!