Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Value of "X" with Telus

I have been a loyal Telus customer for over 3 years now and I have never had a problem except for the last two months. Last month you "accidentally" programmed my fav five numbers incorecctly so every time I called my mom I was charge 0.35/min. Do you know how many times a month I call my mom and for how long I talk to her? Well it was a pricey mistake that you only credited me $17 for, and for some stupid reason I was satisfied with that.
In January, I added Spencer to my account. Our phone bills were supposed to be only $65 a month each and we would have to pay a one time fee of $35 to activate his phone with Telus. So please tell me how this adds up to $251.57.
Let's do some bsaic math.
$65
$65
+$35
= $165 plus 13% tax, that should total around $186.45
Hmm, something definately does not add up, now does it? That's a difference of $65.12
Basic math people, basic math.
I called this morning to complain. Well, they are telling me that I have to pay a one month advance on Spencer's bill because he is a new customer. Well, when we added him to my account last month, no one informed me that in the month of February we would be financially raped. I complained until they credited me $45. So now I only owe $206.57. Where the hell are they getting these numbers from????? She also told me that there was a $10 charge for changing my rate plan midmonth or mid-billing cycle. Again, a mystery charge I was not aware of...thanks for explaining to me that I would be charged an additional $45 for your fingers to type some information on a computer.
Back to the basic math $175 for the two phones, activation charge and rate plan change fee. (Bullsh*t fee is what I'm calling it, as I angrily type this morning) plus tax should total $197.75.
I don't understand how Telus does math but this is the way I was taught and used successfully through elementary school, high school, and college(twice). This type of math has never steered me wrong before, so why now? The only answer I can come up with is that this is an Algebra question in which I have not found the value of "X" but Telus like my grade nine teacher won't help me with the equation.
I am not done with them yet, I am going to let Spencer loose on them. He won't give up as easily as I did. I only gave up because of their "answers" that wound up confusing me more than I was to begin with when I called in the first place.
I'm still not paying $206.57 for two phones that are supposed to be $65 a month. They can do something rude with their bill.

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Try Skype. I'm not very au fais with it but, apparently it's free to make calls over the internet?

'They can do something rude with their bill'...consisting of shoving and arses?...;-)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

4D- you guessed correctly what they could do with their bill. I have a friend who works for Telus and I am meeting her on Tuesday so she can go over my bill and find out what is going on - she said that it sounds a little too fishy.