Monday, July 12, 2010

New Tattoo

Three years ago, I got my first tattoo. It was a shamrock for my Irish heritage. I loved it, but in recent months I had begun to hate it. It reminded me of a time and a place that I have been working very hard to forget. It was never meant to be symbolic of that time but unfortunately it did. So it was time for the shamrock to go. I had loved it so much but every time I looked at it, I felt sick to my stomach. It brought up feelings of hurt and betrayal. I couldn't look at it anymore. IT HAD TO GO.
I have wanted to get another tattoo for a long time. I always wanted a monarch butterfly. My grandpa loved them and I wanted to get one for him. I just didn't know where I wanted to put it. I decided to cover up the shamrock with the butterfly. I couldn't get a monarch because the orange and white color patterns would never cover the shades of green. I had to pick a different one. I chose one that I liked. Colors that I liked and so the shamrock was covered in a little over an hour.


Before:


After:

The picture of the butterfly was taken about 24 hours after it was done. It's not fully healed and not looking as beautiful as it will in a few more weeks.

(BTW, the new Three Days Grace Album and the new Bif Naked Album are awesome. I am really enjoying how angry they are with whoever pissed them off. Check out "F*ck you 2" by Bif Naked or "Bitter Taste" by Three Days Grace. Actually, it's all good.)

1 comment:

CindyDianne said...

Pretty...