Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Road Trip Part 1

On Thursday, Spencer and I began our concert road trip. We had a cooler of food, enough money for gas and $10 for Timbits and coffee from my mom. Our first stop on the road trip was London, Ontario to see Def Leppard with special guest Billy Idol.
We all know how I feel about Billy Idol.
We arrived in London, checked into our hotel and ate dinner before getting ready. The room we were staying in had a full kitchen, not that I would know what to do with it. It was a really great hotel and thanks to Spencer's job we paid $20 for the night. I was rushing around getting ready for Billy Idol and Spencer was watching Family Guy. I was getting really, extremely stressed out because I did not want to be late for the concert especially since Billy Idol was opening for Def Leppard.
I'm waiting by the door, itching to go when Spencer decides he has to go to the bathroom. We were late for the concert...I missed Billy Idol's opening song. We couldn't find out seats so I missed some more. I was so angry. If I would have done this to him, he would have felt the same way I did. He bought me a shirt to make up for it or at least try. It didn't make it better but hey now I have a new Billy shirt that fits. Well, I still cram into my Devil's Playground shirt, it's actually what I wore to the concert with faded jeans and a spiked belt.
We got to our seats and I was mesmerized as usual by Steve's guitar playing. I stared off into space as he played. I could watch him play guitar all day long. Billy performed a short set maybe an hour long, I was disappointed. He didn't play "Hot in the City", "Sweet Sixteen" and a few others which kinda sucked and I missed him play most of "Flesh for Fantasy" because of a certain someone.
After Billy Idol finished I was ready to go. I had completely forgotten about Def Leppard.
I am not a huge Def Leppard fan, but it I do love "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and they played it of course. They were awesome, and they did an excellent show.
After the concert we walked back to the hotel, grabbed something to eat and then went to sleep. We had to be up early to pack and head to Toronto for the Mayhem Festival.









To be continued...

1 comment:

CindyDianne said...

Oh, do get back to us. I wanna hear about the Mayhem!