Sunday, November 30, 2008

I need to vent

The Cougar has been written off. Spencer will be receiving $7000 for the car, which means we have to go car shop and find another one. I hated car shopping the first time around and he only looked at two or three cars before he bought the Cougar.
I am still really upset about the car accident. I really hate the woman that was so careless and negliegent to smash the front end of the car in. I really hate the fact that she was such an idiotic driver that she couldn't be bothered to look around her. I really hate the fact that she said to Spencer "Oh well, this is what insurance is for" rather than apologising or asking if he was ok. I really hate that she didn't offer him a ride home, her son did when he came to pick her up. I'm really annoyed that her front bumper has a dent in it and that's about it, when Spencer's was strapped into the backseat of the car. I am really frustrated with the officer that did not charge this woman. If the car accident would have been Spencer's fault, he would have been charged because he is a 19 year old male driving a sport's car but because it was an older woman driving a Honda Civic, it's ok.
I dislike the fact that people keep saying "It was an accident, she didn't mean to do it." Well, she was careless, negliegent and she didn't do much to prevent it either. I really question the individual that gave her a driver's license. She told the officer "It was too dark and I didn't look." Does that not warrant a ticket? Apparently not.
I know that eventually I will let this go, probably when he gets a new car but in the mean time I am still pissed and I am allowed to be. And I sincerely hope this has been a wake up call for this woman because it has been for Spencer.

4 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Completely understandable emotions.

Gabriel said...

I'm with you on this one. I almost lost my life (and Gaby's, and she was 5 months pregnant) because of a guy who shouldn't have been driving.

Sure... he didn't see me, it was dark, all the same excuses. But the truth is that I spent 5 months in a bed, and Gaby could have lost Santi; the guy didn't have a driver's license, or insurance, or anything. Did anything happen to him? Of course not! He was friends with a police guy... that 'justice' third-world style for you, KC. Had this happened to me here in Canada, I would be rich now...

Michael Colvin said...

It is annoying when people say it was just an accident. If the driver hadn't been so careless it wouldn't have happened.

We all make mistakes and sometimes, while driving, we only have a split second to make a decision. It's when a driver is speeding or reversing without looking that those mistakes are unforgiveable.

Heidi the Hick said...

"I didn't look."

That says it all.

WE felt the exact same way when that asshat backed into the Jetta. He blatantly lied and said he didn't do it, that Jethro drove into him. Lie, lie, lie. With all those people around them, in Toronto, the stupidity and nerve to lie! Infuriating. I caused an accident once and it was horrible. I can't imagine being so casual about it.

However.

$7000, holy crap, that is a good settlement!! How much did he pay for the car? Will he be able to clear off the loan? Maybe even put a down payment on another car?

I do hope it all works out well.

(I know the sexy little sports car is fun but maybe he should consider something a little less flashy... and costly to insure... for his next car. Says your totally uncool auntie Heidi...)