Monday, November 10, 2008

This afternoon, I had to take a short walk to my doctor's office. Very short, 15 minutes total, that includes walking there and back. Anyways, I'm listening to my ipod, enjoying some Finger Eleven, when I look up and see a Chevy Aveo driving down the sidewalk towards me. First of all, it scared the pants off me. Second of all, why is there a Chevy Aveo driving down the sidewalk? Turns out, the lovely driver can't figure out how to turn a car around, so clearly she must drive it down the sidewalk until she can stop at a corner, block two lanes of traffic and then continue on her merry way into a parking space. Right in front of my doctor's office. I wanted to say something, in fact I had a lot to say, but did I say anything? No, because, I would just be wasting my breath. Did I call the police, take down her license plate number? No, I didn't do that either. I figure, she is driving downtown like an idiot where there is a lot of police presence in hopes of scaring away crackheads and the like. She is only tempting fate in the wrong neighborhood.

Now to show you the size of the car.



It's not a very big car at all. It's about the size of a Yaris, little bigger than a smart car. Now, I don't drive but if you can't turn a car around properly or safely maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have your license. If you have to drive the car on to the sidewalk to turn around for fear of colliding with another car, you definitly should not have your license.

2 comments:

Biddie said...

You are the only person I know that has almost been hit by a car on the sidewalk, more than once.
Only you :)

Michael Colvin said...

I watched someone reverse into a bollard yesterday. It made a very satisfying crunching sound.