Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl

A while ago my dad and I had a fight. He said some pretty terrible things about me that really hurt my feelings. A few days later he apologized and said he didn't mean them. It was a heart felt apology and he was truly sorry so I forgave him.
Truth is, I don't think I was ready to really forgive him because I can't let it go.
It has put a strain on our relationship and sometimes being around him still hurts. I can't say anything because I forgave him, I accepted the apology and it would be wrong to throw it back in his face or rehash something I had supposedly forgiven.
I am having difficulty coping with what was said, as I have always wanted to be Daddy's Little Girl and now that has been taken away from me. I don't want to cause another fight and I certainly don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't know what to do or how to let go of what happened. If I wasn't ready to forgive I should have been honest but I just didn't want the hostility between us to drag out and create friction within the family dynamic. In this situation, I am lost and confused. I don't want to feel this way but I can't let it go, just not yet.
I am very hurt and saddened by the things he said to me, it was not something I deserved and it completely shocked me. I know we all say things we don't mean when we are upset and I truly believe that this was one of those situations but it doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it hurt any less.
I hope that by writing and sharing my feelings that this will help me move on and let go of the past. I really do want to move forward, I love my Dad but right now things are just a little off between us. I hope we can repair our relationship and I can go back to being Daddy's Little Girl.

No comments: