Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Find the value of 'x' in the equation

One of the many things I do miss about my most recent ex boyfriend is that he lived about 45 minutes away and I don't drive. I would take the bus to see him, It took about an hour and half on the bus because of the stops at other towns/cities along the way. I didn't mind the commute, I would lose myself in thought about everything and nothing at the same time. My music from my iPod, drowned out the noise of other passengers. It is days like the last few where I wish I had that bus trip to give me a sense of peace. I would be able to relax and just breathe. The world faded away along with my problems and everything else that cluttered my mind. I don't have that anymore and I certainly don't have $30 just to travel to another city so I can think clearly. Whenever things get hectic or too much for me to deal with, I run. I run away from all my problems. I can't do that anymore. I don't have the money to just pack up and take a mini vacation from my life. I wish I did. But it isn't the most responsible thing to do and it never solves anything. I come home and my problems are still here. Waiting for me. They never left and sometimes they are worse than they were before. The person I usually run to in times of trouble is actually coming here at the end of May. Running away right now wouldn't help at all because I would just have to come home with this person. So skipping out of the province is completely out of the question. That means I have to deal with my problems. All of them. I am overwhelmed and exhausted. My best friend tells me to tackle one at a time. Easier said than done in this situation. I have anxiety just thinking about them all. Next week begins the week of medical testing to find the cause of pain in my shoulder. I have an appointment every single day. So does that count as tackling them one at a time? I almost wish I had my ex boyfriend to talk to about this, engineers are so logical and straight forward. No nonsense, no excuses, just plain and simple answers.

No comments: