Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sink this (relation)ship

Someone please explain this to me; Why do my ex boyfriends feel the need to contact me a few days after the break up? I don't get it. I broke up with you. Shouldn't you be angry with me and cursing my name? Not messaging me with the "Hey girl." When I broke up with you I don't recall using the "let's be friends" speech because I think it is bullshit. It is a lame statement made by the guilty party to lessen the blow of the underlying message which is "I am dumping your ass." I don't use the "it's not you, it's me" speech either because it is always the other person or you wouldn't be ending a relationship. I state exactly why I am ending a relationship and sometimes there are things that I have to work on but for the most part, I have found some reason to break up with you or something just isn't working. That's exactly what happened here, things weren't working and instead of dragging it out for months on end, I sunk this relationship. Dane Cook's Vicious Circle talks about how couples drag out awful relationships because neither one is mature enough to end things. I think he uses the excuse "but all my CDs are in his truck." For the most part, this is true of relationships or at least it was with my first serious boyfriend. I didn't do that this time, I sucked it up, I made the decision to have a "conscious uncoupling" to quote Gwenyth Paltrow and the Coldplay guy's name because I can't remember it. But I am not a fan of Coldplay anyways (or Gwenyth). I know that sometimes it's a booty call, I'm not stupid. But, in this case, it's an "I miss you" message. Trust me on this one. I miss him too, but nothing has changed in two weeks. I am still the same girl I was two weeks ago. The girl you didn't want to bring home to Mom and Dad. So keep your hellos to yourself and leave me alone. Just because I broke up with you doesn't mean I am not hurting. My heart aches and I have to use every fiber of my being to restrain myself from sending that "Hello" message. When I said goodbye, I meant it.

No comments: