Sunday, May 13, 2007

Three Things

I was watching the very last episode of 7th Heaven today and I didn't like the ending. The whole family decides to get in a RV and go across the country with no destination and there is one stipulation - that each person can only bring three items not including clothes or personal items such as hygenic products.
This got me thinking, if I were to get in a RV and be able to bring only three things what would I bring? I couldn't decide between the following items:
- my hair straightener
- my ipod
- my bear that I've had since I was a baby
- photo albums
- a journal to keep track of my adventures

I really don't know what I would I would bring. Tell me what you would bring on an adventure with no destination and your clothes /hygenic products are already taken care of and your immediate family members are with you.

7 comments:

Biddie said...

This episode pissed me off! It was so stupid. THREE things, and you don't even know how long you'll be gone for?
I know that YOU would bring your bear. I would a photo album, so you wouldn't have to. I would bring my bear, too. Hmmm, my MP3, or my cell phone? I dunno. I guess that I would make Shawn bring the cell phone so that it would count as one of his items...
I haven't watched 7th Heaven in awhile, cuz it kinda jumped the shark, but I am still SO disappointed in the way that it ended. What about Matt and Mary? I didn't even hear Sarah and Carlos mentioned. WHO is Simon marrying? Did Ruthie ever tell her dad about the tat? WHY would she choose the squeaky voiced T-Bone over Martin, the boy that sh ehas been chasing since she could walk?
ARGH.....

captain corky said...

A humongous bottle of Vodka, a fishing pole, and an Ipod (so I could ignore the Camdens).

Heidi the Hick said...

great post! I have neverwatched that show ever...

my 3 things
-camera
-journal
-tunes

does nail clipper count as hygienic necessity because I can't live without that!

dilling said...

definitely ipod to tune people out(need that!) Lap top to download new tunes, empty the full camera, keep up with blog land...and camera....(the new laptop is actually an old dinosaur that we got from his dad for the purposes of being able to clear the camera when it's full when we travel...and? can I pick three things for emma too?

FOUR DINNERS said...

I'm with Corky on the vodka.

plus my Oldham Athletic FC shirt and a years supply of chicken vindaloo.

CindyDianne said...

Ohhh, that is tough!

Camera
iPod
Notebook

SkippyMom said...

Hair straightener? I think the bear and journal usurp that one...aren't you on a cross country trip that you won't see anyone you know?

It is so silly how people with fine, straight hair [ME!] want to perm and curl our hair and people with curly hair obsess with a hair straightener....Embrace the curls...I bet they are beautiful!

Hey and isn't a straightening iron considered hygeine anyway? I know a blowdryer would be

As for me....

A book to read and exchange at a book exchange at camp sites...[have to read]

My wireless laptop...to keep a journal/blog and keep up w/the tadpoles....

and Boomer [who is safely ensconced in a box, ashes...sigh] But I simply couldn't put him in storage, and he always loved his road trips...sick, I know, but a great dog nonetheless....