Friday, July 06, 2007



The White Stripes were totally kick ass.


There are a few things I have learned about the White Stripes.


1. They have such a weird fan base. It doesn't consist of one or two types of people but several.


2. They are not a typical band. For example, they opened with a song I had never heard before. Third song in, they played their newest release "Icky Thump" (which is a bitchin' song by the way), and they closed with a song we had never heard of either. But when they played Seven Nation Army the place went nuts. Unfortunately they didn't play conquest, blue orchid, denial twist or walking with a ghost.


When they played "We are going to be friends" drunk rocker mom, got up in her chair started dancing and then fell. I laughed hysterically. She was funny before she was drunk, but when she fell, that was the best.


3. I love Meg White she is so awesome. She was playing the drums all night with her eyes closed.


I now understand why the one guy was wearing a t-shirt that said "Meg me." She is totally kick ass and she is a female rocker with talent. Talent that is not engineered in a studio somewhere in the United States.


4. The White Stripes are not just a concert, they are an experience. It is something that you must see for yourself.



p.s. I love this dress, Meg is wearing.
Tomorrow, I will tell you the things I don't understand about the Stripes and funny concert goers.

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Aren't they awesome???

I am missing their first album and I think it's great that they'll go back and play that stuff. They also play it differently every time.

It's true, the fan base is so varied. We weren't the only ones who brought our kids two years ago.

Meg never says a word eh? And Jack DOES NOT have that obnoxious "rock star" voice. He only says about five words and gets right back to it. Did he play about five different instruments? He had marimbas and a grand piano when we saw them.

Meg is the different drummer. Nothing she plays it what you'd learn in drum lessons. Lots of schooled drummers can't stand her. But I think she rocks.

Isn't it a great show? I'm so glad you guys got to go. Now I'll need more details y'know. One post is not enough for me!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Ace band. Like all their stuff. Even old farts like me like em

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Meg sang a song this time. i have no idea what it was but it was so kick ass. I love her.