Thursday, January 17, 2008

♥ I ♥ love ♥ Wednesdays ♥

Wednesdays have always been my favorite day of the week but I love them oh so much more now. On Wednesdays from 1-3pm I have a copywriting class. I am so in love with it. For the first time since I have been in school I am actually enjoying a class. Really enjoying a class.
And unfortunately I only have this class once a week for five more weeks because I have to start work placement. I think that if I ever persued advertising afer school it would be in this field.
When the two hours fly by, I am left feeling empty and starving for more. I hate leaving that class and I hate even more not having homework for that class. As lame as that makes me sound. You can feel free to make fun of me Spencer and Liz (who is finally home now) tease me about it.
I don't think they understand the insatiable hunger I have to write and how inspired I feel to write. It's like suddenly I have a thousand ideas bouncing around in my head and nowhere to put them. I have words and phrases all jumbled in my mind waiting to pour out on to any blank piece of paper. For the first times in months I have been able to fill any empty white space with words or phrases or pictures. Ideas that come to mind, designs and everything else.
Homeworks assignments are dripping with doodles and jumbled words that don't make sense to anyone but me. Powerpoint presentation handouts are etched with designs, short stories and eureka moments. I have never felt as much desire to write as I do these last two weeks.
(My blog is a poor example though because I have not been blogging very much.)
I hope that when it comes time to find a work placement position it will be working for an ad agency in the copywriting department.

4 comments:

Gabriel said...

A taxi driver from Buenos Aires once told me that Wednesday was his favourite day of the week, and that he always made sure that he would take that day off instead of Sunday.

When I asked him why, he reply "Well, it never rains on a Wednesday, because that wouldn't ruin anybody's plans! On the other hand, it will likely rain every Sunday, so people can't go anywhere without getting all wet". (Well, yes, we all are pesimists. C'mon, have you ever seen any tango lyrics in English ? They're depressing!).

I remembered this guy's comments and paid attention to the weather. For months! And he was right, it never rained on a Wednesday, while I was watching (I'm pretty sure it did afterwards). But that was enough to promote Wednesday to "Gabriel's favourite day of the week".

My point, you ask? I don't know!!! Have I ever had a point?

Good luck with the job search, by the way...

Michael Colvin said...

So it looks like you found a direction to take for your future career. Cool. :)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Get a job, earn money, buy beer.

Well allright the last bit's a bit dodgy but I might turn up sometime...

I like Saturdays 'n Sundays 'cause I can stay in bed.

Heidi the Hick said...

I think you have stumbled upon THAT THING THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO GET UP AND GO!

This is huge. The whole point is to do something for a living that you enjoy. I think you're onto something!!!

Got your message- email me

xo