Monday, September 08, 2008

MTV Video Music Awards

I didn't watch the awards show because like every other awards show I couldn't be bothered with it. Usually, I just browse the million and one pictures or articles carelessly strewn about the Internet.
The MTV awards caught my attention because apparently Britney Spears was on her very best behaviour. I have been secretly rooting for her over the last year, but not like the crying guy on youtube who wants to be Britney Spears. She looked great, she was gracious and most of all she didn't perform.



Of course Miley Cyrus was there, talk about a kid with split personality is she Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus? I never know, all I know is that I'm not a fan.



Miley Cyrus made friends with Katy Perry. I am undecided on her. She has the "I kissed a girl" song. I tried so hard to hate it but it was so damn catchy and it was stuck in my head all the time so I came to love it. However her clothing choice is not winning me over.



What can I say about Rihanna. Well, I enjoy her music the first two times I hear a song and then it becomes overplayed, and much like watching an awards show I can't be bothered.



Has anyone noticed how much cuter Ashlee Simpson is now that she fixed her nose? However with her new marriage and a baby on the way, I'm sure MTV will be throwing a reality tv show contract at them. And like her sister's marriage it will collapse into the sea with the chicken of the sea. Since their music careers have come to a stop, they have been promoting their own clothing line. I'm not sure if their musical careers came to a stop because her album isn't very good or if everyone is sick and tired of Fallout Boy playing the same three songs except with different lyrics. Who knows but for some reason, they were there.



Demi Moore also attended the awards show, not sure why, but she was there. I suspect that it's because she is a cougar and she has finally noticed what a tool Ashton Kutcher is and that he will never change. So she is on the hunt for some new, young male flesh. However, I hope someone warned her to stay away from the Jonas Brothers, they have promise rings and won't fall into her womanly traps so easily.



Pink was also there, she has a new single out but I have not heard it yet. I usually love seeing Pink because she always has such awesome hair and she is much more unique than the other female artists who walk the red carpet. I was hoping to see a wicked hairstyle that I could imitate but this one - I don't think so, I really like the cut but definitely not the color.



I did not recognize this next celeb. She very much like Pink sometimes likes to break the female popstar mould and this was no exception. Christina Aguilera attended wearing what I think may be a dress, can anyone identify this clothing piece for sure?



Last but certainly not least, Lindsay Lohan. She has become disgustingly thin. As Spencer put it "She looks like a bobble head toy. Do you see the resemblance, come on tell me you see it?" Yes, I definitely see it. In her best interest someone should point her in the direction of the nearest McDonald's and order her a supersize Big Mac combo.



In the end, it was just another typical night in Hollywood, except Nicole Scherzinger, the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls was there and for once she was wearing an acceptable amount of clothing.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

OMG. Li Lo looks AWFUL. Why do women think that this is attractive? She is seriously underweight. Not healthy at all.
I think that Ashlee Simpson is cute, too. I like her much better than her bonehead sister.
You could be right about Demi Moore. She grosses me out. Get a man, will ya? And that kid of hers? Rumer? Yikes. Her head is so big she looks like a poorly drawn cartoon.
I didn't watch the awards, either. I would rather watch water boil, but that's just me.

CindyDianne said...

Ms. Lohan IS seriously underweight. It is gross.

And Christina Acan'tspellherlastname looks decent - underneath the fake tan and the fried hair. What IS up with that hair? Can she not afford to make her hair look a little less like white straw?

I didn't even know the awards were on. But, I caught the pics yesterday on the Internet.

captain corky said...

I think Demi should make a play for the Hansen brothers. She would make a great addition to the band.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I really don't know what is going on with Christina but whatever it is, is not good.
Demi would make an excellent addition to the Hanson brothers band.

Heidi the Hick said...

Lohan- gain weight

Xtina- go back to last year's wavy hair, please! And get a new dress.

Pink- what happened????

Demi- honestly I think she and her boy toy will be married forever. I mean, what else are they gonna do?

Rhianna - um...

Ashlee N Pete - she's cute, but I do kinda miss her old nose. She used to look different from everybody else.

Katy - she's cute right? Or is she? I think she might be. Or am I wrong?

Miley - I just. Don't. Get it.

Britney- how does she do that? Go from pot bellied, bikini wearing, chain smoking bad skinned to glowing, clean, fit... in like, two weeks? And then back?

Sherzinger- again. I just don't get it.

Weird, I'll tell you that! I wish I would have watched it for the weirdness. Thanks for the update!

Biddie said...

I really liked this post. You should be on the red carpet reporting :)