Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yesterday was my last day at the University of Toronto - Thank God. I really enjoyed my experience in Toronto however I could have lived without carpooling and getting up at 5:30am every morning. I met some really nice dental students one of which I would love to work with when he opens his own practice however it will be in the big city which I don't love. I was given the opportunity to practice my skills on people not dolls which is nice however every time I accidentally sucked up someone's cheek or lip I felt really bad and just kept apologizing but most of them couldn't even feel it or didn't notice because they were given local anesthetic. I also learned that I do not want to work in pediatric dentistry. I spent ten seconds in the pediatric clinic and then ran for the hills. I couldn't handle all these kids crying in pain I wanted to make them feel better but only because they were giving me a headache. Clearly I do not have the patience for pedo. I only had two really bad experiences with the people at the University other than that it was fun.
I had to work today because everyday that I was not at the University I was at work. I have had two days off this entire month, exhaustion is an understatement.
On Friday my mom turns the big four - oh. Over a month ago, I ordered balloons from work. I took my sweet time picking out the perfect balloons in pretty pastels. Today when my shift was over I checked the balloons counter to ensure that my order was there for Friday and it's not. It is lost - no one in the store can find it. I am really upset about this and that is being polite. However I am really glad that I had the sense to check because I would have been even angrier when I went to pick up a nonexistent order on Friday. So now I have to find my receipt to prove that I did in fact pay for the first order. I have no clue as to where it could be but I better find it. This was a reminder of how event planning can suck which is why I never applied for a position in event planning when I was done at Conestoga College.
Other than fixing this little balloon mess I can't wait for my mom's birthday - I think I may be more excited than she is because despite this set back I do like planning a party especially one that includes jello shooters. I'm sure there will be pictures.

1 comment:

dilling said...

mmmm
jello