Friday, August 17, 2007

The Crapshack

So today I quit my job. On the spot. It felt soo damn good. Seriously.
I had enough of their crap. I had asked three times to go home because I was having problems with my shoulder again. In fact, I was losing the feeling in my arm and my arm would go weak and numb. My right shoulder and arm had become practically useless. I had been in constant pain. Well, work refused to let me go home. I had asked one of the managers and he told me I was not his problem. So on my break, I phoned my house and asked my mom to help me calm down because I was livid, I was in pain and I was tired of being treated like a second rate citizen by people who abuse the power they are given. I told her I wanted to quit on the spot and she actually said it was okay for me to do this because I had been in this prediciment more than once with office personnel or management. I hung up with her, cleaned out my locker went to the office and told them I was quitting and that I wanted my paycheque. The office person told me I had to speak with management. I refused. I wanted out of the crapshack that has ruined my body, the crapshack that has caused me so many sleepless nights. The crapshack that had screwed me over oh so many times. The crapshack that refuses to pay my boyfriend for his workplace injury, the crapshack that has treated it's employees like second rate citzens.
This was the final straw, the last time I would let them make me feel worthless.
This was not the only incident that had taken place today. I had informed them of a second job and that I may need a leave of absence or to coordinate the two schedules. Well, office personnel took it upon themselves to give away my hours, which they cannot do. So I filed a grievance with the union and now they will have to pay me for the lost wages. So, in the end they lost another employee and now they still have to pay me for a week's work despite the fact that I am no longer employed there. Oh and that injury I described earlier that they wouldn't let me leave for, I went to the clinic and it was a pinched nerve.
I am writing to head office and I have contacted the union regarding this. I will not go down quietly.

6 comments:

dilling said...

good for you!!!

captain corky said...

I agree with Dilling. Don't let anyone push you around ever!

FOUR DINNERS said...

You go girl!!! Sounds like my place - sacked a guy after a brain haemorrage for poor attendance. I'm organising the court stuff soon as I'm back on me feet.

Give the bastards hell!!! and publicise it everywhere once it's over - the company name, their names and the full book.

Michael Colvin said...

You have to ASK to go home? I just tell em and leave them breathing in my dust cloud. Lol! I may be joining you on that path VERY soon!

CindyDianne said...

Good for you. A paycheck just isn't worth being unhappy. I know, from experience. Hell, I got fired from a job I was miserable at because I wouldn't quit. You did the right thing for you. But, do keep on them. It sounds like you might can provide them with a "learning experience".

Guilty Secret said...

Good for you. Know you rights and get what you deserve. (Hopefully a big payout!)