Thursday, August 23, 2007

Frustrated.

I have been trying to contact my union or head office or anyone that will listen to me about what happened last Friday at work. No one will return my calls, no one will return my emails and time is running out. I have seven days to file a grievance with the union. I have until tomorrow morning to get this sorted out and I'm getting really worried and frustrated because not a single person will listen to what I have to say. Last night after several attempts to contact someone from the union I gave up and I filed a grievance with Labour Standards. Hopefully something turns up and they want to talk to me. I have left three messages for my union rep and I have sent two emails to the union asking them to get back to me. Nothing. At. All.
So I have decided that if no one wants to talk to me about what happened or deal with me I'm going to contact the newspaper. I'm sure the region would love to hear about how A&P treats their employees. I'm sure they would love to know how I needed medical attention and no one wanted to let me leave the store. I will raise hell about this and I'm sure my mom will help me bring them down because she too has had enough of them.
In other news though, my new job is going fantastically well and I'm enjoying it. I get awesome benefits for being their employee and I'm actually allowed to move and walk around and talk to people. I don't have to sit in a corner and shut up. I get a 30 minute lunch for every five hour shift which I really like because I never had that at my old job and the people I work with seem very kind.
So let's see how this goes, I probably won't like it as much in a couple weeks or a month but I think anywhere is better than where I was.

7 comments:

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with the union and they said that there was nothing they could do for me. Unless I wanted my job back, which I don't. The union could do absolutely nothing for me unless I wanted to go back and work for A&P again. The only good thing to come out of this is that now the union will be making routine visits over there for the next couple weeks.

CindyDianne said...

*Sigh* Bureaucracy sucks.

Michael Colvin said...

Hey, congrats on yor new job!

captain corky said...

Congrats on the new job. Some Union...

I worked for Foodtown and Pathmark (Grocery stores) when I was younger and both jobs sucked ass. Glad you are able to move on from that crap.

Heidi the Hick said...

tell us more about your new job!

katy said...

congrats on your new job. glad you like it, nothing worse than having to go to work to a job that sucks

FOUR DINNERS said...

Some'at is badly wrong with your unions that side of the Atlantic. Cami Vog's other half had a problem and his union were shit as well.

Move to England. We've got good unions (and more importantly I'm here and I'm a SOB of a rep if I say so myself. Well the managers hate me quietly so I must be doin' some'at right)

Hope the new job pans out ok babe x