Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Good Girls Always Want the Bad Boys

I was drawn to you, I knew you would burn me. But the hot, bright, mesmerizing and all consuming flames drew me closer to you. I slowly stretched my hand out to touch the fire and my finger tips were burned. I wanted to pull back, but I moved further, closer to the flame until I was completely engulfed in the flames of infatuation. My face a glowing red while my heart was a flutter with the embers, sparks that flew off the flames and kept me enthralled in your words. The exact words I wanted to hear, I needed to hear and while a part of me knew it was all a lie, I needed to believe you. I needed to, for that one tiny moment, until I realized I wasn't mesmerized by the burning flame. But instead I was seated in the middle of a fiery hell, filled with lies and half truths. While my heart melted from the heat, you stood and watched. Never denying your betrayal and with nothiing to say, you turned and walked away. Leaving me standing in the ashes of what I thought we had, because in the end, the good girls always want the bad boys.

No comments: