Thursday, August 09, 2012

When Did I Get Old?

I'm turning 25 in March which seems so far away at this point but when I really think about it, I panic. When did I get so old? I was thinking about when I was underage and drinking was so much more fun. All the sneaking around and pilfering alcohol from my parents or my friend's parents. My liver was so young and could handle the late nights of binge drinking. No hangovers, no throwing up, no spinning bedrooms or the phrase "I'm never drinking again." We all use that one but we never stop. Now, I get exhausted before 3am and want my bed. My liver hurts in the morning, I have a huge headache and I get what I like to call the "flu." House parties were such fun and nobody cared about what you wore. Or where you passed out. It was one of the few great memories of my teens. I know that 25 isn't old at all but I'm beginning to wonder what I've done with my life so far. I'm also wondering why the hell nobody wants to go to Vegas with me for my birthday. If I'm going to start getting old then I better start it with a BANG!

No comments: