Sunday, December 17, 2006

"I Need $2 Dollars"

Last Tuesday, my mom and I took an adventure to Zellers to do some Christmas shopping.
As we entered the Zellers parking lot, my mom noticed one of the red Zellers shopping carts and upon seeing it she said to me "Let's take this cart because there is never any carts in the store."
So we dropped our purses into the carts and continued our way into the store.
We were shopping and we had been in the store for a good hour when I noticed a piece of cardboard on the front of the cart. The cardboard read "I need $2." That is when I realised that it was one of the local homeless men's cart we had taken.
Here we were pushing this cart around for at least an hour and I had two options... 1. tell my mom that she was pushing around the homeless guy cart or 2. let her keep shopping and not say a word. I knew damn well that I could not keep this to myself so I turned to tell her but I just started laughing hysterically. I crossed my legs in fear of peeing from laughing too hard and pointed to the front of the cart. I stuttered the words "You're pushing the homeless guy cart... and it says... hahahahahaha... I need....hahahhaha....two...(slowly falling over from laughter) hahahaha...dollars. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I burst out laughing I could no longer contain it.
My mom said "What? What do you mean?" as she came around to the front of the cart. She too started laughing and said "Help me get it off." This only made me laugh harder. First we steal the homeless guy cart and then we ruin his "I need two dollars" sign. I pulled my keys out of my purse and handed them to her, legs still crossed.
As she pleaded for help, I walked away because I knew that I could not stop laughing and that I was pretty damn close to peeing my pants.
I walked down two aisles and burst out laughing yet again and I could hear my mom laughing.
I went back to where she was and asked "Did you get it off ?"
She replied "Yes"
and I said "Can I see it?"
There was no answer we just kept walking away and giggling.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it would have been WAY more funny if someone would have actually given me $2. It would've helped with the shopping, too.

Anonymous said...

THAT is frikkin funniest thing I have read in ages! I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

THAT is the frikkin funniest thing I have read in ages! I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that is a story that will be "banked" for those occasions when a good laugh is needed. A very funny story. I wonder if they guy ever wondered what happened to his cart?

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! So, I wanna know - did you get it back to the homeless guy and did you give him $2??? LOL

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

No, we didn't take the homeless guy cart back. In fact I had forgotten about it today. LMAO :)

Anonymous said...

Hello from Seattle.

Anonymous said...

So your the ones that stole my fucking cart! You owe me two bucks. Make that 4 because you both used my cart.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh, how evil! You took Homeless Bob's cart! His only possession and advertising point!

I'm evil too because I'm picturing you two wandering through the zellers with an "I need two dollars" sign on your cart. Holy crap that is so funny...

by the way, love the tunes!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Cpt. Corky - I don't even know what to say.

Heidi- the other half of this story doesn't find this so funny but everyone else does.

P.S. there are about 12 songs on there, so you can skip to one that you like...there is some Rancid, No Doubt, Blink 182, Sugarcult and of course the RHCP.