Monday, December 11, 2006

Today was a very busy day. Extremely busy. I dropped off assignmets, did some Xmas shopping. Had lunch with Bridgey and then went to work. After the hellishly long shift and being in exile also as known as the Xpress lane. I went out and had to do some more Christmas shopping.
I decided that I would bake some Sugar cookies and Gingerbread cookies. Thanks to little dough boy and Dad, I pumped out 5 dozen cookies. I baked the Gingerbread cookies for my Grandma and since she is sick, I might bring them by her house tomorrow with some Tim Horton's coffee.
I spent two and a half hours baking, decorating and separating cookies for their designated relative. I also sorta made my own icing. Okay I took some Vanilla icing and added food coloring to it so that I would have the colors I wanted. By the time I had baked about three dozen I felt as though I couldn't go on, that it was time to give up but I just couldn't I was hooked like the time Heidi and I podged the Johnny book for KK. It was so tiring and I thought of my friends who work 8 hour shifts as bakers and I couldn't imagine standing there doing that for hours.
I waited until KK and J came home to bake the sugar cookies but they wanted no part in helping me. And to be honest a part of me was disappointed that they didn't want to help me. But I finished up the cookies and hoped that maybe over the holidays we would get a chance to bake more cookies, only this time that we could do it together.
All is well though, we have five dozen cookies to share together.
Newayz, I am extremely tired and my season of Fat Actress came in the mail today. So I'm going to watch the episode where Kirstie has peeps.
xoxo.
The Adult in Question

8 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

YOU WENT PODGE ON THE GINGERBREAD!

I seriously need to come over and get a dose of that special Christmas cheer that can only be found in your house!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I sure did go podge on that Gingerbread but only for Grandma.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I definitely need to forward you my address so you can send me at least 50 or each.

Anonymous said...

Oh you're so sweet to do all that baking!! I did a little, but our oven sucks so I stopped. Also, I don't have a gingerbread recipe - so if you're willing to share;-)

Biddie said...

I'm glad that you got around to doing the cookies, because I have been feeling very blah lately.
I guess that I better step it up if Heidi and crew are coming over!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...COOKIES! said the cookie monster.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Snowcrush - you can buy the rolls of Gingerbread dough for about $3 in any grocery store and all you have to do is roll it out, bake and decorate! So simple and time saving. Plus, you can't screw it up.

dilling said...

tomorrow is my day...cookies, key lime cake and cherry bars.... after turkey dinner the other night and cooking the stock down all day yesterday and putting it up, I am not cooking today...well, except for turkey soup, that is.