Sunday, December 03, 2006

Weekend Recap

I had a semi busy weekend. Nothing I couldn't handle.

Friday- I FINALLY saw Borat and was somewhat unimpressed. It was more racist and disgusting than I expected. Why didn't any one tell me that there was nudity but fat, hairy male nudity...All my friends saw and yet they did not warn me. Thanks guys. It did have some funny parts like when he threw the sack over Pamela Anderson. That was good. It was about time someone threw a sack OVER her instead of throwing her into one. After my hot date to the movies and the coffee pub with Sarah from work I was recruited to the Club. Yeah L called me and told me about this small problem she had. You see I HAD to go with her because she had three dates and she needed me to take one. Thankfully, only two of them showed up. But unfortunately the man meat I wanted was the one she took. She left me with country boy man meat who I have only met once before. She helped herself to the City Man Meat who is drop dead gorgeous. But unfortunately L is my best friend but if she was just an acquaintance or what not, he would totally be fair game. So I did my best with Country Man Meat who is really polite and kind and sweet but .... it's not the same. Country Man Meat is not a dancer. Which sucks. It sucks because even though I have no rythm whatsoever I love to dance. I really do. I could dance all day and night if it didn't stress out certain people I live with. So after being pushed around on the dance floor because once again the Club was beyond capacity. Greedy club owners. It's bad enough that they charge a $10 cover and then jack the price of drinks up to $3 - for a glass of tap water....Are you kidding me? At the college bars you can get drunk for $20 because drinks are $1.75. Someone please tell me where the logic is in that? So after dancing for what seemed like 20 minutes it was last call. Which meant it was about 2am. Oh I forgot to mention the angry lesbian manning the door who wouldn't let anyone in because we were not in a single file line outside. Yeah, it took about L and her crew about half an hour to get in the door but I on the other hand, slowly crept up the line to the front. Then when someone said something to me about I said "Excuse me, but I have been out for an hour and you and your cigarette smoking, pot head friends went around the corner did your 'business' and then cut in front of me." Needless to say, they let me in before they went in and then inside they were nice to me. They didn't try to cut a bitch which was extremely surprising because since that is usually the way it goes there.
Saturday, I had to get up at the crack of dawn. Okay 10 am. I had to go to work. Where for the first time in about a month it was insanely busy. And we didn't even have anything spectacular on special. So there I was with what seemed like the world's longest shift when half way through an order my shoulder locked. Good times at FB. I had to call an office girl to come out and finish the order so I could go fix myself. Finally, my shift ended and I was able to go home and get ready to go the work Xmas party. Where we paid for our own meals and received some gifts that were clearly re-gifted. I received five hockey tickets for a game that was not in town. Thanks... did I mention I don't drive and don't watch hockey? So I sold them for $20. I also received a bag of men's soap and some candy. But thankfully, my gift was not the worst. My front end supervisor who is allergic to peanuts received a bag full of Planter's assorted nuts. And CP who is not so cute anymore because he is a total asshat received a knapsack full of Kleenex, a planner/organizer that was seven years old and some sparkly, very girly school accessories. Also, he's 20 years old. And not in any form of school, okay the school of life for losers. I'm glad that I enjoy the people I work with and get along with them fantastically because otherwise it would have been the worst four hours of my life. So just as I was leaving a co-worker came up to me in a drunken stupor asking where I was going. When I explained that I needed to go home because my ride was leaving he wanted me to wait, he wanted a hug. And apparently he had something to tell me. I gave him this really half- assed awkward hug and left because I had the distinct feeling another co- worker was going to profess their love for me. I know that part sounds made up but I have been asked out by four different people at work and I have learned my lesson from CP so I just reject now. I'm very good at it. It starts off with "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't think it's a good idea to date people I work with. " If they try to respond to that...then I just use the line, it's not you, it's me. World's lamest line but I gotta get myself outta the awkward situation somehow. And surprisingly, we get along great even after the awkward "it's not you, it's me" thing. (Any one have some suggestions for new lines????). So I left the party and came home where I was invited to go to Laser Quest. Who knew that Laser Quest was open at 11pm? I didn't go. I don't quite understand what Laser Quest is and I'm a little afraid. Like the multiple times I was invited to go Paintballing and refused. Seriously, what fun is there is shooting pellets of paint at people? And the boys who do this always come back bruised and sore and I ask the unneccessary question of "How is this fun???" I stayed up watching the tube until 2am and went to bed.
Sunday/Today. Was a day dedicated to working on final projects that I don't understand and know that I am going to fail. I spent about four hours on homework and finishing projects when
I decided that I give up. I've checked my notes, I've read the text book. I still don't understand this. I tried my best and now all I can hope for is to get a passing grade such as 55%. Yeah, I'm going to aim low. Very low. I talked to some people from my class but they left all the assignements until today and are pulling all nighters. I couldn't do it. I'm so glad and thankful that I started these projects a while ago and really only had to tie up loose ends. And I realise that I am not the only one who does not understand what is going on. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed...all week.

But FYI....
-in 173 days Pirates of the Carribbean 3 comes to the theatre. For the mathematically impaired that's May 25th.
- 92 days until my birthday.
-21 days until Xmas
-2 more sleeps until Pirates 2 is on DVD
- and 5 days of class left for me [and then I don't go back until Jan 8th]!!!!!

5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm sorry your country boy didn't work out so well. Those country boys can be quite alright y'know. (Ask my mom, haha!!!)

This post had some truly funny moments, kid.

You are not going to fail, ok? Keep telling yourself you can pass!

I can't afford to buy the Dead Man's Chest DVD when it comes out this week. Gah!

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend! I'm all about going out only one night, then takeing the rest of the weekend off for chores and sleep:-)

Biddie said...

Yay! A whole month with NO school! Aren't you excited?

Majid Ali said...

Thanks for the link! I just knew that we would hit it off and become life long blog mates. I'm research paper writing going to add yours today. I love our neighbors to the North

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

I'm impressed about having found this blog entry. However, you can visit custom writing essay when it's high time to urgently turn in a high quality essay.