Monday, September 03, 2007

looking back on four months

. ....... . .OF SUMMER.
The summer has officially come to an end. Tomorrow I will be back at school. Dreadfully. I'm not looking forward to this at all. I can tell you that much, I hope that if I keep reminding myself that it's only eight more months, I can survive it.
But anyways, in a more positive note. I have had the last four months off, and here's what I did.
- The Kickoff (the month of May) of the summer began with a concert in Toronto at the Kool Haus. We went and saw Finger Eleven on May 11th.
- L's goodbye party at the hotel. Yeah, we threw her a sweet party at the Comfort Inn.
- Jesse's may 24 party. I called in sick to work ALL weekend. Spencer and I did two full trays of jello shooters and then a girl puked on my feet.
- I say goodbye to L. She leaves for Holland. We cry and then I give her my aviators, because she doesn't want anyone to see her crying. We promise to write and call each other but we don't.
- At the end of may, Spencer and I spent four days in beautiful Niagara Falls, we did some stupid tourist stuff, caused some havoc and then left.
JUNE
Working, sleeping, tubing,swimming, a trip to my Grandma's trailer where Spencer spent the evening chasing fireflies. My mom's birthday. My kid sisters are done school for the year, so I no longer have free reign of the house with my mom.
JULY
- July 9th. The White Stripes.
- July 11th. The pot smoking convention also known as a Tool concert in Hamiliton.
- July 24th. The Family Values Tour featuring Korn and Evanescence with some lame bands in between, Skye Sweetnam being crusty and the Criss Angel look a like.
Throw in some tubing, swimming, and G's birthday at the cottage.
AUGUST
- August 10th. Marilyn Manson. Hell of a show, and to Spencer's surprise I knew a few songs.
- August 11th. David Wilcox at the Blues Festival Downtown. Spencer surprised me and knew some David Wilcox tunes. After we went to the boathouse and saw his friend play and tear the roof off.
- August 17th. I quit my crappy job for A&P, in fact I leave in the middle of my shift.
- August 22nd. I start my new job and fall in love with my discount.
- August 28th. Poison rocks the end of summer with my mom, Jethro, Heidi and Spencer.
Oh yeah, don't forget to throw in my sister doing some CRAAAZZY tubing with the guys, G's boat accident and
September
- September 2nd. Spencer and I finally make it to the club for the first time without L. We went with some people from A&P. People I like anyways. And this brings four months of fun to an end.
But thankfully, I'm working on a trip to Dominican Republic or Mexico for May 2008 when I am done school.

5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

yeah I think that was a sufficiently rocking summer!

Dn't go to the tropics though. It will bleed you dry. Spend the cash on getting your student loan paid off and get it over with, then do the Dominican trip later...when you have a reason...like you're 25 and have an awesome job and ou're on a honeymoon or someting. I'm not saying or anything, I'm just saying.

CindyDianne said...

KB and I recommend Jamaica! ;-)

Biddie said...

Listen to the wise ladies, but listen to Heidi 1st. She's your auntie.

captain corky said...

It was definitely a great Summer!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.