Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dating is hard work

Gentlemen, I would like to take a moment to explain something to you. When you ask a girl out on a date, she assumes that you will be paying for the date or at least most of it unless otherwise mentioned. It may be old fashioned or silly of women to think this way but for the most part we just do. Let's take tonight for example. A guy asked me ou on a date. I agreed. When I arrived at the movie theatre, he had already purchased the movie tickets. Saw a movie, it was decent. AFter he asked me to dinner, I said sure. We went, we ate, the bill came. When the bill came, he asked for it to be split in to two separate bills. That's fine, I have no problem paying for my own meal. Worst part is, I take the bus, the buses to my house stopped running about an hour before we were done our "date." He left me stranded to find my own way home. Never even had the courtesy to text message me and ask if I arrived home safely. He left me broke and stranded. So not to blame the men for this alone, but ladies make sure you communicate with your date beforehand, so there are no awkward surprises at the end of the evening. And gentlemen, yes it is old fashioned but on the first date we kinda expect that you will be paying for the date. So lesson learned for me: Always assume I am paying for myself (and maybe my date). ***don't worry, he didn't get a second date, nor will he ever.

No comments: