Wednesday, April 18, 2007

400

Yesterday, I wrote about a boy from my highschool who recently passed away(...if you haven't been reading check the entry below). I was upset and I felt terrible for all those who are mourning his loss. I keep checking the online memorium that someone started for him.
It's absolutely amazing because in a matter of minutes, this group went from having a few members to over 400 members. Over 400 people have pulled together to say something kind about this person. 400 people have pulled together to share stories, memories and photographs of this person.
I think it's truly incredible that in 18 years of life this person was able to get to know 400 people. How many of us can say that we have touched the lives of over 400 people. I thought that was really cool how people came together to support each other. I never imagined that so many people could be connected. I know at least 10 people who knew this person who passed away and those people know 10 more. Isn't it crazy how we are all connected? It makes the world seem much smaller than it is and a little less scary.

7 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

We are all connected.

Biddie said...

I don't think that if something happened to me 400 people would come out to say 'hey, she was alright.'
It's funny how we are all connected, tho. My heart goes out to his family. I can't imagine losing one of my kids.

FOUR DINNERS said...

When you get to be a cynical old fart like me it warms yer heart does this.

I know over 800 people well (to varying degrees). (I worked it out n thought fuckin' hell 800!!!)

Mind you at least 100 would be glad to see the back of me n 300 wouldn't notice I'd popped off.

Live forever babe n have fun x

ldbug said...

It's very sad to lose someone so young, to lose anyone.

I just found out the other day that my very first boyfriend died in a car accident.

So much loss in these past few days

CindyDianne said...

During the course of planning the wedding I have figured out just how many people one affects in a life-time. It's amazing.

captain corky said...

Reading stuff like this reinforces the fact that we shouldn't take anything for granted.

dilling said...

I remember a boy who killed himself while we were in highschool together. I knew him only peripherally...we hung out a couple of times, we were in some of the same classes...it's not as if I KNEW him, but that death DID change my life...it made me question how someone could do that, could be there one minute and gone the next, and question much else.... I don't know who else is lost in my class...haven't been in touch since 1986...I couldn't imagine, don't want to...sorry for your entrance into this place of thought...but it will make you a better person, more full and whole, though it may not feel like it. Peace and love.