Monday, April 09, 2007

The Secret Side of My Boyfriend

[There is no internet at home right now so any checking of the blogs is being done at school and I think I am dying without internet at home. Seriously. Dying. Without. It.
Anyways, I will be posting periodically from school just to rant about stuff such as my craptastic job and school. ]

Last nite, the insignificant other, L and I went to the club. The insignificant other has never been there and L and I haven't been there in months. After the world's shittiest day at work on Saturday, this was something we all needed.
The insignificant other and I decided that we would drink some bacardi before going. (Bacardi is a party if you ask me.) The insignificant other was extremely nervous about going to the club because it's all hip hop and rap and this is not his scene at all. If they would have been playing metal all night he would have been fine but . . . he went anyways and he enjoyed himself. We ran into some of his friends there too so it wasn't all bad.
The best part of the night was finding out that my boyfriend secretly likes rap and knows quite a few rap songs. Also he has rhythm. It was kick ass because I have no rhythm so if I dance with him, he makes me look good. Who knew that my boyfriend was a fan of Ludacris? I didn't. Oh and Run DMC. Yeah, he was right in there like a dirty shirt singing along with us.
It was a really good night, despite trying to get past security because I was drunk at an all ages bash and forgot my ID at home. Security is getting tighter there, and they're not selling past capacity anymore. I'm glad that they have made some changes because this is one of my fav hang outs and it's pretty cheap in terms of entertainment.
After three hours of dancing non- stop we decided to call it a night. Some of us had to work or go to school in the morning. Don't people know that it is Easter Monday. . .I should have the day off. I really should but whatever. I'll get over it.
So here I sit at school trying to design a CD cover for Finger Eleven. I also have to develop a point of purchase display and design a logo for myself. There are so many projects and so little time. The good news is that my boyfriend rocks and he went out and got me a copy of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop so I can do some work at home. This is the highlight of my day. It really is because now I can do some work at home and I don't have to run around like a lunatic trying to find a computer lab with these programs.
That's all for now, I have to get some more work done. So far my CD cover looks like I have set Finger Eleven on fire. I have no logo for myself and I've barely started my Point of Purchase project.
ttyl

6 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I am sittin here readin blogs n listenin to Forgotten Rebels. I played 2 tracks on Thursdays Drunk Punk Radio Show. Went down a treat. You are a star of the highest order. So there.

captain corky said...

The secret to having fun at just about any club is to get primed before you go, and it sounds like you guys did that.

ldbug said...

Sounds like you've got quite a guy:-)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

4D - I am so glad that you love the rebels! I can't wait for them to start playing at bars because I can actually go now!

Heidi the Hick said...

I dunno, I don't think they'd mind being set on fire...figuratively at least!

dilling said...

been mising you guys! thanks for the post, the rap and bacardi....hope you finished your projects.