Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm really ready for the weekend. It's been a long stressful week. Why is it that teacher's nail you with all sorts of projects, tests etc at the end of the semester? Why can't they give you these things at the beginning and give you all semester to do it?
If I could count the number of times I have screamed, cried, screamed at my computer/printer, felt like kicking and punching or just throwing a full out temper tantrum this time I would need to be locked away. The stress this week has been incredible.
Work has been screwing me over. I complained about something and my manager then decides that since I complained, she's going to take me from 20 hours a week to 8 or 9. I can't live on 8 or 9 hours a week. It's complete bull. There are all these people with less seniority than me who have 20+ hours a week. So I have decided that I am taking their hours, and there is nothing they can do about it. Thank you very much craptastic union.
In other news, I am going out tonite and I have put a rather large dent in my homework pile.
I still have a few calls to make and some projects to work on but it is slowly being completed.

9 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

You do realize that if they gave you all the work at the beginning, you and all your fellow students would find other stuff to do and leave it til the last minute...you do know that right? Because I would have. That's the way it works!

What are you doing in May???

CindyDianne said...

they do it because...

they like to see y'all scurry around?
they are trying to prepare you for big scary non-school projects in the future?
they are envious of your youth and and assigning massive projects to get back at you?
they woke up on the wrong side of the bed?
they don't know that a syllabus is supposed to spell out all the work for the semester?
they can never be as cool as your mom and Heidi?
they know you are friends with Jethro and are jealous and spiteful?

FOUR DINNERS said...

Had standard answers when asked for my homework at school.

"The dog ate it"
"The cat pissed on it"
"We ran out of toilet paper"
"I accidently handed it in at the school down the road"

I wonder if this explains me leaving school owing them about 20 detentions?

Michael Colvin said...

Work and school sucking together at the same time. Ugh! It sounds like you need a break. Enjoy your weekend. :)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Heidi- I am doing some limited things in May...Finger Eleven and I'm going to Niagara but if this is about what I think it's about call me..ok? Did that make sense?

Cindy - I think they just want to watch us scurry and laugh.

4D- love ur excuses. I think I am going to try that.

Tod- I have a week and a half left..!!!!!!!!!!!!

dilling said...

but you are almost done.... and *sigh* it'll be summer break....

ldbug said...

If a teacher gave you all the tests/projects at the beginning would you really complete them ahead of time?? I am a true procrastonator and would be yelling/kicking/crying/screaming at the copier/printer//////etc. at the end anyway;-P

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I might. I've had a couple projects done ahead of time this year. Seriously.

Biddie said...

I'm back. Did ya miss me? Did ya did ya did ya?