Sunday, April 29, 2007

I know that I bitch about work . . . a lot. But recently it has been an extra large pain in my ass. Seriously. My manager is being a serious . . .(you fill in the blank) I told my manager that I could no longer work on Sundays or Mondays. Well she has scheduled me to work Sundays even though I told her that I couldn't. Then she fucked up my schedule for the week. . . Tuesday is the Finger Eleven concert and over a month ago I booked Tuesday and Wednesday off. Well the (fill in your own words) scheduled me to work Wednesday morning. Not happening. I had to rearrange the rest of my hours for the week so now I'm working Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And you know damn well, she's going to schedule me to work Sunday. I have never been more frustrated with anyone the way I am with her.
I know that I hate my job, but I have never hated it the way I do now. I used to be able to make myself go in because of the great people I worked with or because I thought I needed the money. I have come to realise that as much as I love money, the stress from this job is not worth it. As much as I love my fellow employees this job is not worth it. I think if the issues at work aren't resolved or we can't come to an agreement on my availabilty that I will have to put my notice in.
Putting my two weeks notice in, is something that I don't want to do because I have to rebuild my senority all over again, and work crappy hours and...it just sucks.
I really want to resolve this issue but at the same time I wonder is it really worth it?

4 comments:

captain corky said...

I have worked plenty of jobs that made me miserable and I hope I never have to do it again.

FOUR DINNERS said...

If yer miserable there leave. It's not worth it. Or join a decent union and sort your boss out?

Heidi the Hick said...

Good thing your auntie Heidi is here!

-It is always worth it to resolve an issue. Always.

-if it's a crap job you can leave. There are lots of crap jobs available everywhere!

-This is why you're in school- so you can get a non-crap job.

See? All's well. Sort of.

Michael Colvin said...

Great advice Auntie Heidi! :)

She's right, try and sort it first because nearly all jobs have the same people causing the same nonsense everywhere. Hey, maybe we should be the founding members of the crap job club? Thank god for college eh? ;)