Monday, April 02, 2007

The Weekend. Rather Uneventful.

This past Friday, the insignificant other and I had a dinner date with two other couples. We had to run some errands before heading out to our dinner date, so while shopping in the corporate hell known as Wal-Mart, L calls and tells us to dress up nicely and look appropriate. Last time I checked we were eating at a bar and grill. Whatever. We were going to anyways because I always have to make myself look hotter than L. We rushed through our shopping and went back to my house to get ready. I decided to wear my mini skirt with leggings and a loose top. It looked good. I did the smokey eye make up along with the curly, tossled hair. The insignificant other wore khakis and a black dress shirt. I wanted us to look damn good and I knew damn well that if we didn't L would bitch.
As usual the insignificant other and I were running late. What can I say? It takes time to look that damn good. Our reservations were for 8:30, we get a call at 8:15 demanding to know where we were...uh we have another 15 minutes. We finally arrive there and the insignificant other notices that L and her boyfriend are checking us out. Damn right you are.
We sit down. We order. I have my favorite drink, a frozen raspberry twister. Two types of smirnoff with a raspberry liquer. I'm sitting across the table from L and notice that she is NOT dressed nicely, neither is her boyfriend. They are wearing jeans. L has a tube top on with a suit jacket and high heels. Her boyfriend has on a hoodie with a big flame on it and a pair of jeans. I was not impressed, you phone me and tell me to look good but you two look like you found some clothes on the bedroom floor and threw them together. It was a mish mash of bad clothes. Seriously. I was not impressed and neither was my insignificant other. We got over it though, because we looked good and we knew it. You can tell you look good when guys check you out and girls give you the evil glare.
After dinner we hung around for awhile, and talked. It was good to see L, it seems that when she has a boyfriend she forgets that she has friends. This is truly sad because we used to be really close and together every weekend, this has all changed. We parted ways and I went to the insignificant other's house for a little while before I went home.
Saturday, I went to work. It was weird, since my hours have been cut back when I returned to work I couldn't remember what I was doing or supposed to be doing. I seem to have way too much fun at work and really shouldn't be paid to do the things I do. When I finished my shift, my insignificant other came and picked me up. It was a good surprise. We ended up eating pizza at 1am and falling asleep watching TV with a pizza box in the bed. We woke up around 2pm on Sunday when his father phoned to remind him that he was going to be there in 20 minutes to take him out for his birthday. We threw ourselves together while listening to Finger Eleven and talking about how great this concert is going to be. I made my way home in my dirty clothes and spent the rest of the nite doing assignments ahead of time.

5 comments:

ldbug said...

It sounds like a fun, but relaxing weekend! I'll bet you guys looked great:-)

captain corky said...

I really appreciate your honesty. ;)

FOUR DINNERS said...

assignments ahead of time??? disgraceful behaviour

CindyDianne said...

Seriously, ahead of time? Wow - I made it through my graduate degree and never got anything ahead of time. Goodonya!

Michael Colvin said...

[pizza box in the bed] Gross! LoL!