Monday, February 11, 2008

The Mess I Created All by Myself and Goal Setting

It's been a so-so day to say the least. It's freezing cold outside. And of course my bus was late. I should know better by now but apparently I don't. So I was stuck waiting at the mall to catch my connecting bus to the college. I arrived only twenty minutes late but let me tell you that was the scariest bus ride of my life. I was praying to God like a mofo. The roads aren't horrible but they are definately not great either. There was black ice most of the way to the college and the bus driver stressing to make his next route on time was WAY over the speed limit. We smashed off the curbs multiple times and swerved into the other lane at least twice. But here I am I survived.
I went directly to my program co-ordinator not class even though I was late. I wanted to talk to him about work placement desperately. I have been so stressed about this and because of my depression I have fallen behind in school. It's a mess I created all by myself but a mess none the less.
We came to a decision/conclusion whatever you want to call it.
This is the game plan. . .
I will be doing my work placement at the college for my program co-ordinator. This means I don't have to go through the interview process and I still get to do the work experience. We have to do a minimum of 25 hours a week for five weeks to total 120 hours. I will be doing the minimum while I can use the lab to catch up on all my assignments. The program co-ordinator will help me get the time I need and get extensions to get the work done.
In the end, my concerns regarding failing the semester have diminshed which leaves me feeling A LOT better. With that sorted out, all I have to do now is keep working on the assignments I am behind on so that I can graduate.
Moving on, remember how I love copywriting. No worries, I still love it and even though I sometimes lose track of the purpose of the assignment I am still doing well. I received an assignment back today and although I had lost complete track of the assignment the teacher told me that I am a very talented writer. She also said to give it another try. That made me feel really good because my grades have slipped dramatically but hey I am a talented writer.
So the next thing on my list. I am going to share my goals with you. According to some author whose name I can't remember, it is essential to share goals with others because it helps you to achieve them in a timely manner. Not only that there are people to remind you of your goals and will encourage you to complete them. I encourage you to share your goals with others for many reasons:
1. It makes you feel better to know that someone else can help you achieve your goals
2. You are more driven to complete them because you don't want to disappoint others or yourself
3. You are more likely to achieve goals that are specific, written down, shared and have a deadline.
These are my goals from now February 11, 2008 until April 30, 2008.
-to get caught up on all assignments and achieve a grade of 60% or higher
-to make the committment to work experience and stay with it
-to attend every single class for the next two weeks until work placement starts
-to find the postitive aspects in everything that happens and to dwell less on the negative and more on the positive

Your goals don't need to be related to any one thing they can relate to a variety of things including personal life, work, health, family etc.
Feel free to share some goals.

4 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Oh Yay! You sound better!

Michael Colvin said...

That sounds like a good plan. Hang on in there! :)

Biddie said...

Well, one of my goals is to make sure that I kick my daughters butt to school every day.
You CAN do this, KC. You are in the home strech now. Just keep your eye on the prize :)

FOUR DINNERS said...

You go kid. The world's yer oyster