Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Goodlife...my ass

Spencer and I went to Goodlife Fitness Club today to inquire about gym memberships.
Well we didn't sign up for many reasons.
First off, we just wanted to know prices but we had to fill out a questionnaire, write down goals and then get a freakin tour of the gym.
We don't want a tour, we don't need any damn goals, we just want a place where we can work out. We don't want a personal trainer, we don't want a "free" seminar with "so and so" about how to use the equipment. We don't want to sign up for couples workout seminars or spinning classes or any other aerobics classes.
I don't want to know how much I weigh or any of that shit. I just want a place where I can use a treadmill.
As we were filling out or stupid questionnaires, the associate who was "helping" us kept calling me Stacey. First of all that's my name. Secondly when I tell you my name and it's written on paper in front of you, can you at least try to spell it right when you write it down? And you want me to sign up for a membership that will cost me $28 biweekly. That's $48 a month plus the one time fee of $59. What the hell is this one time fee of $59 for if you got rid of the card fee and the membership fee. The associate that was trying to help us was so excited when she was done her little presentation. She thought that she had some new members.
Well we left.
She was disappointed.
And we still don't have a gym membership.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

Here's an idea. I'll be your trainer. Seriously. You can walk Ruby, carry the laundry up and down the stairs, clean the tub, and take out the garbage. Really. It'll work. :)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Uh no.

Biddie said...

ZI still think that it's a wonderful idea.
Just sayin.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Yeah you're just saying that it is a wonderful idea because you don't want to do these chores.

CindyDianne said...

I don't know K. It sounds like your mom came up with a win-win. You could even pay her, say $25 a month, for getting to work out there!

;-)

dilling said...

So, Stacey...I have an elliptical here at the house and for a mere $28 biweekly fee(plus airfare) and a one time only fee of $2.50 for me to get my ass off the couch to answer the door when you knock,Stacey, you can be a proud member of my new gym....whaddaya say?
Stacey? Stacey?

captain corky said...

Fuck that noise! Join the Y. It's alot cheaper I think.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

The Y here is really expensive too! And it smells funny.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Nah babe. Sweaty places are gyms. Much more fun to use the bar next door to the gym.

Michael Colvin said...

What's a gym? Do they have chocolate?