Monday, October 02, 2006

"What's wrong with the world mama?"

The title is a line from the Black Eyed Peas "Where is the love?" which is what I am asking you today. I realise that as I channel surf, there have been two school shootings in North America in the last month. How can this be? How can we kill each other? How can we hate each other to the point of wanting to commit murder? What is so wrong that we must pick up a gun and shoot innocent individuals? What could one do to possibly upset someone to the point where they make the choice to bring a gun to school and shoot someone? This does not make any sense to me.
In September, a man in Montreal brought a gun to the college he was attending and shot 12 people, killing one of them.
Now, a boy in rural Pennsylvania shot three girls (between the ages of 6 and 13) execution style.
It's not guns that kill people but people kill people.
I think that we spend way too much time hating each other. Just imagine if we put that much effort into good deeds and helping each other...the world would be a much better place.

4 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I am so glad you wrote this. It's so honest and true!

You're the future you know. Keep this attitude. It may seem really simplistic to say "We should all just get along." But we should!

Biddie said...

I heard about the shooting on the news today. It all just makes me so sad. I will never understand how someone could take a life. What kind of person does it take to murder innocent children? To commit acts of violence against a living being? It makes me sick. I hope that you rise above all of the negativity and be the best that you can be. One person can make a difference.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh, I did not know until this morning that it was in an Amish school. My god. I feel quite sick about it. Really very sick.

Spread the love around, kid. Be honest. Be real.

Mermaid Melanie said...

always a tragedy to hear about someone that is in so much pain, they feel that executing others is the only way to lash out!

or maybe he has absolutely no feelings at all? Do you think that we are so desensitized now, that things like this are going to happen more frequently? YIKES.

Love is the best thing going. Lets keep it alive and pass it around.