Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Weekend

Friday nite.
L and I went to the bar. She brought her new man meat and her friend from her old school. I like them both, but it seems as though everything we do recently, we have to do with them. This is becoming an annoyance for me because as much as like them I don't want to hang around them all the time. But we went and we had fun. I welcomed back the 80's with my black leggings and mini skirt. Oh and did I mention the Whitesnake shirt I was wearing?!?! We left really early that nite because it was packed and people were touching L and she didn't like that. I can't disagree.
Saturday nite.
I worked 2:30 -8pm basically suffocating my whole entire day. After work, I phoned Sarah so we could have what we call Sexy time. (We stole Sexy time from Borat) Basically, we hang out after work every now and then and tell people we had this really awesome date. But the trick is to let people assume that the date was with someone of the opposite sex. I have no idea how we came up with this silly thing but we did and it works. We planned on going to the theatre to see Black Christmas, but by the time we arrived it was already starting. But never fear, I had a back up plan. There is this guy Spencer, that Sarah and I work with and we informed of our Sexy time he was jealous and wanted us to invite him for the next time. I phoned him and said that I was phoning on behalf of myself and Sarah. Spencer informed us that he was at the bakery guy's house. This confused us. First of all we didn't know that we had a bakery section. We thought it was just the shelves of bread behind produce. Second, there is a guy for this "bakery" department. He has a real name, but Sarah and I prefer to call him bakery guy. Luckily for us, Sarah had the Orca. (The Orca is her black and white van) We jumped into the Orca and made our way across town to Bakery Guy's house. Spencer told us to phone him when we were near the Taco Bell since Sarah and I both suck at directions. Sarah was responsible for phoning Spencer this time. She phoned him while I was in the bathroom and ordered our Tacos.
Spencer asked "where are you guys?"
Sarah replied with "Uh Taco Bell area"
Spencer "You guys are in the Taco Bell eating aren't you?"
Sarah "Maybe, why did you want something?"
Somehow, Spencer knew that we would stop at the Taco Bell. He gave us the rest of the directions and after we ate our traditional Mexican meal of Tacos and French Fries we hurried to Bakery Guy's apartment.
Apparently, Bakery Guy knew who I was but I had never seen him before in my life. It was two hours that cannot be described as neither good nor bad. The guys wanted to watch South Park, while Sarah and I were under the impression that it was not going to be a suckfest. It was fun after the first 20 minutes of awkwardness though because we all had one thing in common - our jobs.
Eventually Sarah and I had to leave because we had to use the bathroom and we were afraid of Bakery Guy's despite the fact that he was very clean and had very nice furniture.
We drove to the nearest Tim Horton's and used their bathrooms. The people of Tim Horton's were not impressed with us.
Sunday/Today
Once again I dragged my butt into work to what seemed like the world's longest shift. It was only five hours but it was another five hours of my life that I will never get back. I was the only one there tonite with any seniority so I was able to count the money in the registers and boss around all the people who had not been there for three months. Thankfully, there were people working who could be trusted to do the job right. Everything was going well. Three carts of returns had been demolished thanks to the new cashier Jesse. I was cleaning conveyor belts when Spencer and Bakery Guy came in. They decided to take all my paper towels and unroll them down the length of the store. And as I was cleaning up paper towel they bolted, leaving me to deal with the manager. She wanted to know why there was almost two rolls of paper towel being thrown out. I tried to explain what had happened but it just didn't work for me. I was not impressed. But I did laugh later. I'm good like that. I finished cleaning and the store looked great. I was done 30 minutes early and hoping to leave early. No such luck. I was sentenced to the deodorant aisle where I was to clean it all up and make it look "organized" uuuuhhhh.
Total. Boredom. For. 20. Excruciating. Minutes.
I finished that and left. I couldn't do it anymore. Especially when I knew people would be back tomorrow to look even worse.
Now, I sit here typing this entry, dreading tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first day back to school after a month off. I don't want to go back. I don't want another four months of homework, projects, group work or presentations. I really don't want to go back. Despite all the work at the crappy minimum wage job, I have been having fun. I was almost hoping to fail this semester so that I wouldn't have to go back until next year. I'm not nervous or scared like before, I just want to keep doing what I am doing now. Working and having fun. I want to sleep all morning and work all afternoon and sometimes go out in the evening. I know that eventually I will want to go back to school and finish because I don't want to make minimum wage forever. But can't I do this for just a little longer?
There 11.5 hours until I return to the college and I am dreading it. Dreading the bus ride, the books, the teachers, all of it.
I know once I am there for a couple weeks I will get used to it again.
I'll let you know how it goes.
xo
Adult in Question.

6 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

do it for as long as yer want babe. Life's for enjoying. Avoid four letter words like work if at all possible.

FOUR DINNERS said...

ps new blog is www.drunkpunk.wordpress.com

The Fashion Diva said...

When I was in school, I felt much the same as you about going back. These days I feel that way about having to go back to work after time off. What I have discovered, however, is the thought of returning is typically much worse than doing it.

Oh and look at the upside about school...if you do it now, you can get it over with and not have to think about having to go back later. ;)

Anonymous said...

I promise, someday you will look back on these days with fondness. I promise!

Heidi the Hick said...

Ha! Whitesnake T shirt. I had one in 1988. My boyfriend went to the concert and bought it for me. Later I married him and I don't know where the T shirt went.

Wait- did I tell you that one already????

Here's some math:

3 months= Seniority= funny!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I have actually been there for seven months come the 17th of this month. And everyone I trained with has quit. I'm also being trained (slowly) to work in office.