Tuesday, January 23, 2007

yeah, I'm a rebel

Actually, I am not a rebel. I dream of being one but don't have the moxey.
But this is a good story.
Saturday, after my breakfast date with Aunt Posh, I made the bold decision to get a tattoo. She distinctly told me not to, several times. I had this overwhelming feeling that this was something I HAD to do.
It was something that I have been thinking about for a very long time. It just happened that this particular Saturday, I had the courage or stupidity to do it.
My mom and my sisters had bets on wether I would do it or wether I would cry while having the tattoo done.
I did get it done, in fact I went first. I watched the whole time and was right in their like a dirty shirt. And I did not cry either. It hurt a little bit and I would never get another one.
I really like this one though, it's a shamrock on my left ankle but on the inside so I can hide it I choose to do so. I love it. I keep looking at it because I can't believe that I had the courage and stupidity to spend $60 on a permanent body alteration.
I keep thinking that I have something stuck to my leg but then I remember "Oh, yeah, that's my tattoo." It's like a sticker that won't come off. Yeah, that's right, that's my comparison.
Anyways, here is the picture. Sorry, my legs are really pale, apparently I have never heard of sunlight.

14 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Hey, young Hott Travis did a nice job of your permanent body alteration!

You know those don't wash off, right?

It's cute. I like it! But having said that, I'm relieved to hear that you won't be getting another one. I'd hate to see you all covered in tats.

I'm getting up the guts to do the Sharpie thing...

Anonymous said...

I am shocked as hell that you actually did it. I was there when you got your belly button peirced, and I thought that would be the end of your body modification. As your mom, I think that I can safely say that THIS is the end.....I wonder what Posh will say?

Anonymous said...

Do I have to leave a comment on all THREE posts?????????

Anonymous said...

Aww, it's cute! I have a ladybug, but on the outside of my left ankle. Got it when I was 20, don't think I'll ever get another one...haven't yet, 8 years later!

Anonymous said...

Cool tattoo! But If I see you on Harley the next time I visit your blog we're going to have plan an intervention.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!

Anonymous said...

Nice tat! You're definitely much braver and more "stupid" (and no I'm not using stupid in an insulting way here) than I am. hehe You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to get one done and even then I would plot my way out of it before it actually happened. Me and needles - we have this really hateful relationship. ;)

Anonymous said...

I like it! I have a tattoo.... I'll take a picture of it sometime. I, on the other hand, want another one. And plan to get another too. When I decide what. And where. I still haven't decided where either. I've been contemplating the what and where for years now. Someday I'll decide. Someday. Soon. Maybe. Eventually. I might be too wrinkly by the time I decide to have it done. Who know? But, I am definately planning to get another one. Soon. Maybe.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

On Monday, I will be posting the third installment of Rains of Existence.

Anonymous said...

Yeehar!

abcd said...

pretty design, it suits you very well. Tattoo is nice as long as you don't over do it.

Anonymous said...

Be a rebel! Don't know any other way meself.

Anonymous said...

everyone SAYS they're just getting one...but they are like potato chips...

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I can seriously say that there will not be another one, because I don't think I will ever be that stupid/brave again.