Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What did you miss?

Well, I think that it is time to catch up.
So here is what you have missed. I worked and injured my shoulder. The doctor said that it was just a pulled muscle but he has been saying that about my shoulder for a year now. And to tell the truth, my doctor is complete quack. He does as little work as possible. Getting anti inflammatories from him was hell. So instead of working 30 hours a week like scheduled I ended up working one shift more than I did while I was in school.
Christmas was good. I got the pyjamas from La Senza that I wanted. And now I have worn them so much that they look like I got them last year. They were my favourite gift. And yes Dad, I do think I am Paris Hilton.
Boxing Day Heidi and family came over which was very exciting. I was supposed to work that day for time and half plus Stat Pay but I called in sick. My shoulder was killing me and it took me a long time to open my presents the day before so I decided that the money just wasn't worth it. Plus I have worked so much in the last four months that I have barely seen my family and my family is more important than any amount of money. So I stayed home. It was a lot of fun. After they left my friend L came over for some dinner. She eventually conned me into going to the bar. She said that dancing would help my injury. And to be honest it did. I laughed so much that day.
I went to work the next day. Was in a lot of pain. Fought with one of the managers and this has been going on ever since because she thinks I am creating an injury that really isn't there. Bitch.
So there was some more work...
New Year's Eve. It rained. I had a Bacardi cooler. New Year's Eve wasn't so bad though. I went downtown to meet some friends and see Sloan perform. Sloan walked past me and I was being a tool and I said sarcastically "Omigod, Sloan I love you, have my baby!" They walked past me really quickly. By 10:30 pm it was pouring rain. So we came back to my house and just hung out for a bit. At Midnight we had shots of Bacardi and what not. My people left at around 1:30 am and I went to bed.
On the second, my Grandma came over and we exchanged gifts. I haven't had a visit with my Grandma since before school started. This was really great, because I love spending time with her. She is so funny and has only gotten better with age. And yes I have told her that.
So with my one day off a week, I have been watching lots of television and flopping on the furniture. I sat through a VH1 biography of Gwen Stefani and guess what one of her quotes were "Sometimes I go on the internet and google myself to see how many people hate me. " Another quote..."You can't see the Harajuku girls, they're my imagination. So pretend they're not there."
"When I came home and I was rich it was really great." Need I say more?
I don't know if anyone bought 'Star' magazine with the list of the "50 Most Annoying People of '06" Well, Gwen had the most annoying hair of the year. Hilary Duff had the most annoying teeth, and Jessica Simpson was just No. 3 on the list. I guess people hate her too. My other favourite on the list... Madonna for having the most annoying fake accent of the year. It was an overall good list. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
And finally on the list my GRADES came in today! All of them! So here they are as promised.

Advertisng 1 -71%
Marketing -71%
Presentation Skills - 90%
Interpersonal and Group Dynamics 83%
Layout and Theory Workshop- 76%
Concept and Copy -76%
Production Software - 69%

Next week I go back to school and after four weeks off, I can say that I definately do NOT want to go back. I have enjoyed my time off. I like working even though the one office girl is being a bitch. I love the day staff. I won't be able to see them anymore. I won't see them again until the summer and with the turn over rate at that place, they may not even be there.

Anyways, this has taken me a very long time to write. And my semi formal dress that I have been wearing for the last hour is really bugging me now. But that is a whole other story. (As to why I am wearing my Grade 10 Semi Formal gown.)
I will check all your blogs ASAP.
xo
The Adult in Question

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good xmas break and the grades were good too...so now the "grind" starts. The ugly months of winter. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Yay to the good grades! Well done! And to think Gwenny may have googled and read your very own wise words. HAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your grandma and enjoyed the holidays. Tell your manager to fuck off!

According to Google I don't exist, but Captain Corky does!!! :)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Cpt. Corky - you kill me. lol

Thanks so much for the love!

Heidi the Hick said...

I get it- the typing in youry Semi Formal gown is a courtney love kinda thing, isn't it?

Nice marks, worrywart!

As for the Sloan thing...you're saying you didn't end up on stage? Hmm. Maybe that stuff only works when I'm with you???? We'll have to do more experiments.

And I just want to say...I believe in Captain Corky.

Heidi the Hick said...

I get it- the typing in youry Semi Formal gown is a courtney love kinda thing, isn't it?

Nice marks, worrywart!

As for the Sloan thing...you're saying you didn't end up on stage? Hmm. Maybe that stuff only works when I'm with you???? We'll have to do more experiments.

And I just want to say...I believe in Captain Corky.

Heidi the Hick said...

I get it- the typing in youry Semi Formal gown is a courtney love kinda thing, isn't it?

Nice marks, worrywart!

As for the Sloan thing...you're saying you didn't end up on stage? Hmm. Maybe that stuff only works when I'm with you???? We'll have to do more experiments.

And I just want to say...I believe in Captain Corky.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Nah - the typing in my semi formal gown was bc I finally fit into my grade 10 semi dress and I didn't want to take it off because I didn't know when I would get back into it.
No, the Sloan thing didn't work because I didn't stay to see them perform. It was pouring rain.

Anonymous said...

So, Congratulations are in order that you fit in your Grade 10 semi-formal? Oh, I'd give the little toe off my left foot to fit in my grade 10 semi-formal. But, that's all. Only the little toe, and that's pushing it. I like to wear flip-flops and have pretty toes, so that is a major concession.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Cindy- I too love to wear flip -flops but I had surgery on my one big toe so I'm really self concious about it.

Anonymous said...

Are you back in school tomorrow? Good luck. I guess all the worrying about grades will begin again, eh?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Dilling- yes it is the return. The return that I am dreading. I want to continue to sleep all morning and work all afternoon.