Thursday, February 01, 2007

Future Celebrity. Sort of.

Tonight I went to the hairdresser and received what I think is one of the worst haircuts I have ever had. Well, I don't like it, but it is very stylish and many girls have this haircut but anyways.
After I was done getting my haircut, I asked about getting some more peek a boo highlights.
[Peek a boo highlights are highlights that are hidden beneath the other layers of your hair ...]
Anyways, the hairdresser suggested that I do violet peek a boo highlights. I agreed and so we started looking at dates. That's when she told me that she needed a model for an upcoming show. She asked if I would be interested in doing the show. At first, I said "No" because I usually work on tuesdays and I kinda need the money. Then, she said that reps from all over would be here, I'd get my hair done and possibly be in a magazine. Either way, I would be getting my picture taken. That's when I had to agree.
All I could think of was Heidi telling me that I should be on TV. I thought about all my friends who said they wouldn't be surprised if I ended up on SNL. And I thought I could be a celebrity amongst hairstylists. The words "Future Celebrity" rang through my head and she put my name down for the day. I was so excited I ran home and told everyone in a three metre radius.
Sure, being a hair model isn't going to get me on SNL right away but it is a start. A start that I am very excited about.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

[I was so excited I ran home and told everyone in a three metre radius.]

That made me laugh! Good luck with your future celebrity!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

I'll have to ask the guy who does my hair if he's going when I see him this weekend. He goes to those things all over and tells me about them all the time.

Heidi the Hick said...

Only a matter of time, my dear.

You outta be in pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

maybe you could bust your dance moves out while modeling your hair....

Anonymous said...

We expect to see a picture here when you get it - ya know that don't you? *smile*...and then we can get you to autograph it perhaps!

Am glad you are finally getting some recognition. Will be reading to see where this all goes. Very exciting!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Thanks. I am really excited about this. I will try and post some pictures.

Doughnut said...

Strange...when I posted before your last post and used my blogging name, it shows I am "anonymous"...

FOUR DINNERS said...

I knew you before you were famous

captain corky said...

Nice, I look forward to seeing your pictures. Did you finally have to upgrade?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Yes. Blogger forced me to upgrade then it refused to post my latest entry. All I have to say about Blogger is that it is a fuck ass.