Monday, February 26, 2007

Like Oh Man

I have had a pretty kick ass weekend and now it's reading week so I think there is more fun to be had this week.
Let's get caught up on where I've been and also to see how much I remember.
Friday nite - drunken pool in L's basement. I cooked. Yes people, I made jello shooters. You may say that making jello is not cooking but uh I had to be in the kitchen for more than five minutes and I had to do a little more than just open a package of something. Usually a package of jello makes about 20 little jello shooters, but when you are me, you make them in paper cups and have a total of nine jello shooters. They were tasty. I had five of them. My insignificant other came too. He kicks ass at pool. I wanted to be on his team but it had to be guys against girls which meant that L didn't stand a chance of winning. She's a decent player but when the other team is two guys who play pool like it's a profession, you are destined to go down. Especially when my skills are shooting the ball off the table, dropping the cue on the floor and doing another shot of whatever we happened to be drinking. We happened to be drinking some distinct Russian Vodka (I know all vodka is Russian but the label on this isn't even in English!), Fireball, Smirnoff and Bacardi courtesy of my Jello shooters. I like my insignificant other when he is drunk because he sings and dances. To country music. To Big'n' Rich. And yes he is the only John Wayne left in this town. Ahh, he is never going to live that down. We will disregard my antics right now.
Saturday - This was my first Saturday off since I started working at my craptastic job. I didn't even book it off they just gave it to me. This was really spooky. Due to my antics of the previous night I only slept for about four hours. Plus it was on an old couch in the basement with no pillow. Who the hell can sleep without a pillow? Seriously. I got up around 5:30 am and the distinct taste of Vodka in my mouth and the overwhelming feeling that I was going to puke kept me from moving around too much. Eventually (7am) I called my insignificant other to ask him if he wanted to go out for breakfast. He said "later" and since I was the only person up I was rather bored. So I decided to wake up L because I was hungry and bored and couldn't sleep so neither should she. We had a bowl of Lucky Charms. Needless to say, it is not good hangover food. Avoid all dairy products. I got the first bus leaving her neighborhood and went home to shower. I smelled of alcoholic beverages and needed to wash my hair. Then I phoned the Insignificant other to ask him if he wanted to go for breakfast yet. He said 9:30 am was still too early. Finally at 11am he told me if it would stop me from bugging him about breakfast that I should come over. I went over and guess who was still partially dressed and not showered? He said he wanted to sleep some more. We laid in his bed watching movies for a few hours, then he got dressed and wanted to go out. I on the other hand being the pain in the ass that I am said I was tired and didnt want to move. I took a nap he played video games. I woke up and wanted food but didn't want to get up to get food, so I had lunch in bed. It was awesome. He made me lunch in bed. We ate, watched Wedding Crashers (which I didn't find that funny) then we played Super Nintendo. Cartoons of the past are rather frightening. I'm not going to lie about that one.
On my way home, I recieved a phone call from my mother telling me to phone Aunt Posh. My first thoughts were "What am I in trouble for now?! Apparently nothing. She wants me to get a passport to go to Texas with her. This was very exciting. I have never been outside of Canada and it's all expenses paid because of the company my Aunt works for. We'll go into more detail about why I am going to Texas later.
Sunday - I had to work at the crack of dawn. 10 am folks. I was still recuperiating from my antics of friday nite. I don't think I have ever drank that much in my entire life. Who the hell other than me can do five extra large jello shooters, two bottles of Fireball, half a bottle of Smirnoff and help drink a 40 of Russian Vodka? Turns out I was not the only reeling from my weekend antics. Many of the cashiers happened to be hungover, injured or falling over from lack of sleep due to the participation in events such as underage drinking, illegal drugs, and whatever other wreckless behaviors satisfied their needs over the weekend. After work I went over to a coworker's house where we had a few screwdrivers then had a snowball fight. It was awesome, then he showed me all the bars in the area that I will be allowed into in 8 days!
In 8 days I will be 19 years old and able to go to the bar with all my friends. I am so excited. The countdown has been on since 110 days ago. That's Novemberish in case you are wondering.
Today, I find out about my passport and go visit my Grandma. This week can only get better.

5 comments:

ldbug said...

Sounds like you're getting a much needed vacation from all the hard school work you did! Wow, 19, I had to wait until I was 21!

Glad you had a good weekend:-)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Enjoy your trip to Granny. Had about 14 shots of schnapps to top off several beers in an afternoon in Eisenberg - and I still videod the gymnastics with a steady hand!!

dilling said...

oh to be young and crazy again...NOT.
where in Texas are you going?

captain corky said...

"In 8 days I will be 19 years old and able to go to the bar with all my friends".

The drinking age in Canada is 19? I knew I was born in the wrong fucking country!

Heidi the Hick said...

crack of dawn. 10 am. Ha ha!!!

Aren't you glad you were born in this awesome, incredible, great country?!?