Sunday, March 14, 2010

I can't think of a title for this post

Never in a million years did I think that I would be having this much fun with Chris. As kids, we were constantly at each other's throats. He would get us into trouble and I would be the tattle tale. I was always afraid of getting in trouble and I couldn't lie to save my life. I still can't tell a lie.
Therefore, he despised me for being a snitch. I despised him because he was always causing trouble. He would be grounded for what seemed like an eternity, while I would be out the very next day. He hated me for that too. He and KK would be two peas in a pod while I was the odd man out.
I used to dread Chris coming over. Now I secretly look forward to his "day visits" by this he means he will be here the entire weekend. We don't get each other into trouble now and he helps me tease my baby sisters, which is an entertaining aspect of being home again. He also spies on them with me and then we gossip a little bit. Telling each other secrets as if we are little kids all over again. He has been helpful in keeping my mind off of recent events, it's been nice. For a short while, I can forget about everything that turned my entire world upside down and changed everything I have known for the last three years. He can temporarily make me forget all of this and I'm not just talking about getting me piss loaded on a regular basis as of late. It turns out, that there just isn't enough liquor to complete that task but we try. He is much funnier than I remember, and it seems that we enjoy each other's company for once. We don't want to cause bodily harm to one another. That too, is nice.
Anyways, I secretly hope he plans on sticking around a little while longer or at least until we annoy each other. Actually, I'm sure he will be around for a bit or at least until I get a job because I will have to return the favor of getting him drunk three weeks in a row. (Thank God, I am Irish and German or my liver may have failed me by now)

No comments: