Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I was sitting in my kitchen tonight eating dinner alone because apparently I am too loud and interrupting the ever important television show Law & Order when I had a flow of thoughts. Which is extremely surprising since I have been up since six am, was at school for six hours and just worked for five and half. I'm tired. I won't lie. I know that I am supposed to be writing my Crush list, researching Red Bull and writing reports. And the list of things I am supposed to be doing I can't be bothered with. Why? Because there are so many other things going on in my head and I can't focus and they all surround school.
I hate my program. I want to drop out but I don't want to be a cashier in a grocery store forever. I don't understand half of the material and I can't do presentations and unfortunately we do a lot of math and a lot of presentations. The two things that I could not do to save my life. I keep telling myself that the more I do this and the more I practice the better I will get but I haven't gotten there yet. I hate it. I hate not being successful, I hate not being the know - it - all. I hate the shitty marks I keep getting and I can continue to ask for help, I can continue to study and go to the library and ask friends for help but it's not making a difference. And I'm frustrated because I don't know what to do with my life or even for the next few years. I don't know where to start and I don't know how to make this end. I'm stuck in the middle and not in the fun way. I have about eight assignments due Monday and I have one of them done. I"m slowly sinking and I hate it but I feel as though there is nothing I can do about it.
So now that I have whined and complained I feel a little better. I promise that tomorrow's entry will be Wacky Wednesday containing my list of crushes possbily including my real life crushes.

7 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh my dear. I am just finishing a harrowing course that has occupied my brain for three months and could possibly be the key to my future place of living and working. All that work and I don't know if I'm going to use it.

And I feel like I'm getting old!!!!

So frustrating.

I still say you belong in television.

And also I wanna read all about your crushes!!!!
xo

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

My crushes are coming! I'm working on them right now, so that I can just post it tomorrow.

Biddie said...

I know that everything seems impossible now, but trust me, this too shall pass. Seriously. You will finish your course, and you will be on TV someday.
I can't help it if you were loud during Law & Order. You shushed us during friends and you have it on DVD. You earned the name Loud Girl. Don't feel bad, you get it from me.

Anonymous said...

Aw kid, I know how you feel. High school was a breeze for me, so when I hit college I expected it to be easy too! Wrong! I worked really hard and never felt like I was getting anywhere.

Let me tell you, though, you don't need to have straight A's or even B's to get through college. You need to keep working hard. No one will ever look at your grades again, but you'd be surprised how much you are actually learning and how it'll all come back to you when you need it in the future!

Keep at it, and I suggest chocolate covered coffee beans for those late nights in the library (we snuck them in all the time).

We're all proud of you out here in blog-world!!

P.S. If you ever need tips about presentations feel free to e-mail me: crush720@gmail.com

I don't think I'd be much help in math online, though....

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with ldbug. You may feel that the course is not for you but I think you only recently started it right? Maybe you should stick it out for a while longer and it will hopefully probably eventually all fall into place.

The Fashion Diva said...

Although I did well in school, I can identify somewhat with what you're going through. When I was fourteen, I had decided I wanted to be an architect and I stuck with that until I got to college. I managed to stick it out for a full year but it just didn't feel right. I ended up changing my minor in apparel design to my major and I was much more happy even though I ended up working in a field completely unreleated. Of course it was after I had graduated from uni that I really started stressing about "making it" but it all turned out in the end. It just became a matter of looking at the situation logically and and tackling it head on.

At your age, you don't need all the answers (not that I would say anyone ever does reach a point where they have them all) so take a little time and try a few different things you like to see what suits you best.

As life said, "...this too shall pass." and I also have to agree with Idbug about learning more than you think. To this day I remember stuff that at the time seemed impossible but is now a breeze. :)

Btw, if math you're ever in need of additonal math help, drop me a line at a_wise_goober@yahoo.co.uk. I could never get enough of it even after enduring a year of Calculus in high school. ;)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Thanks for the offering to help me with math and presentations. I might have to contact you about that next semester. I can do all the creative stuff fairly easy but the rest seems impossible.
I'm going to stick with it for a while longer and at least get my first year credits.