Thursday, March 29, 2007

A New Discovery

I was going to complain about the computer lab situation at school again today but something surprised me.
I went with a friend to our usual lab to work on some assignments and to our surprise we were not allowed into the lab. We were pissed. It is our advertising lab and we can't go in to use our programs that WE need for our assignments, something here is terribly wrong. We were informed that we were not allowed in because there was a Skills Canada competition in progress. Well, guess what? We don't care. Not our problem. I know the teacher that was in there too, he was a teacher from my old high school who taught tech, very nice man but he pissed me off.
We left, not impressed, racking our brains trying to figure out where we could go to use a computer because it seems that this Skills Canada competition has taken up the majority of the labs in the C wing. We hunted through the school determined to find a computer.
Finally, my friend went and asked the teacher in the room next to our lab if we could use a couple computers to work on some assignments. With some hesitation she said yes. I think it was because my friend use her cuteness to work the teacher over. Puppy dog eyes always work for her. We promised to sit on the end and be very quiet.
We sat down, logged on to the computers. Slowly, but surely the computers prepared themselves for some work. Tons of computers working very slowly. E x t r e m e l y s l o w l y.
P a i n f u l l y s l ow l y. Anyways, we browsed through the programs and to our surprise discovered the computer had our programs. Yes, people we found another computer lab in the school with Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop. It's very exciting. It too is booked up most of the time, like the other lab, just a little less. This makes me very happy.

No comments: