Saturday, September 09, 2006

Work...

Now, that I am in school full time again I actually miss work. I miss the people, the annoying customers - all of it. So today, when I had to go in I was so psyched. But there is always that one person who wrecks it for you. And that is the one person you would like to kick in the shin? Despite the fact that I was midly hung over I was so excited to be at work. I was happily serving a customer when my Manager who we shall call Anne came over and started bitching at me. She is 19, works in the office and thinks her shit don't stink. I hate her. Very Much. She is a glorified cashier. And she makes my life hell.

Today after I served my mom threw my register she comes over to me and says:
ANNE: You can't serve family or friends ok?
ME: Okay, but nobody told me that before. Why wasn't it part of the training? That's kind of important...
ANNE: What does it matter? I'm telling you now ok.
Anne walks away and under my breathe I muttered the words ASS HAT.
Later, Anne is at my register for a pick up. A customer asks "Do you have any cases of Nestle Water left?"
My reply was "I'm sorry I don't know. Anne do you know if we have any water left?"
Anne: "UH I don't know. I don't know where anything is and does it look like I work in grocery? You should know by now that you have to call one of the grocery boys..."
So Anne called the grocery boys, picked up all my extra $20 bills and thankfully left. I have no idea why she pisses me off so much but she does and leaves me feeling like I want to cry. I don't actually cry I just feel like it. And I would never cry because then she would get some sort of satisfaction out of it and that would piss me off even more. The rest of my shift seemed to go by v e r y s l o w l y. . . . . . . . . .and I wanted to go home very badly. Eventually my shift ended and I was relieved of this temporary hell people call work. It pissed me off so much because I was having such a good day and she ruined it. It's partly my fault because I let her ruin it but she's an ASS HAT. ASS HATS have the job of ruining people's lives and fucking them up even if temporarily. So, that was work and uh! But on the upside last nite was good.

4 comments:

Biddie said...

Ass-hats

dilling said...

Eff'ing Ass-Hat....
holy high school drama, batman...

dilling said...

I guess we should all be glad that her position of power is only in the grocery store, huh?

dilling said...

I guess we should all be glad that her position of power is only in the grocery store, huh?