Thursday, June 29, 2006

And so, the job search begins

Today was the first day of the job search, which isn't going very well. Okay so I called a Temp agency and looked in the newspaper for part time jobs. At this point I don't care what it is just not landscaping - I can see that ending very badly for me and the employer. Unfortunately people tend not to hire individuals with no skills or previous jobs. Even if the classified ad says "no experience necessary" they don't mean that. Most places want you to apply in person which is difficult because you have no job which means you have no money therefore no means of transportation. Well that little set back lead to the "Mom, can you buy some bus tickets, so I can try and get a job" Look at that. No job, and I'm already in debt. I'm sure my mom absolutely loves hearing me ask for money. I always say "I'll pay you back" but that never happens, I think that's the part my mom loves most.

I called a temp agency and they want you to bring in a resume with two references from previous jobs. That probably frustrated me the most because I wouldn't be calling if I had experience or references. That made me want to cry. I feel so frustrated and defeated already. It's not like I haven't applied for jobs before. Trust me, I've applied at Zehrs 4-5x (2 different locations), Quiznos, Tim Hortons 2x, Blockbuster,Tito's Pizza, Burger King, and nothing. You know it's bad when Burger King or Quiznos doesn't hire. It's fast food...who can't work at a fast food place. I brought home a Mc Donald's application but never handed it in. Who know's I could be a grease flicker. The thing that grosses me out about Mc Donald's is that I used to know someone who works there and they always smelled like grease but I think I could handle that with lots of hot showers and the realization that at the end of the week money comes to me and I don't have to pay it back. Damn. I want a Mc Job. I also know someone who works at a Tim Hortons that I applied to and she's a trainer person. She should train me. I'm trainable and I'll do anything for money. I love money. It can be exchanged for goods and services. I like goods and services almost as much as money. I know that once I have a job, I'll bitch about having a job but it'll be a semi happier bitch because there's money involved.

I was hoping that having a good volunteer placement would spark some interest in people and think "hey she's got some people skills" but nadda. My volunteer placement was supposed to my foot in the door when it came to getting a job. I was also hoping that maybe a kitchen job would come out of my volunteer placement because "hey I took a cooking course, I know all the people and pleeaaase give me a job" Nope. No job from them yet, though my supervisor talked about taking me on as her assistant but I don't think that will happen because you have to have a diploma in Recreation (which you can get from Conestoga College). My friend's cousin took Rec and so far she's the dodgeball and frisbee champion. I don't know what kind of course that is but I'm considering it. Ha Ha.

I'm considering of going back to my original plan. To marry rich, and become a Golddigger. I'm thinking maybe a soap star, a guitar player or a old guy on the verge of death...(Anna Nicole)...kidding. But, then I can have a butler named Francisco, a pool boy named Raoul, a driver named Vinchenzo and a chef named Emeril. And he (Emeril) could yell "Bam!" and make me laugh. Don't worry, I won't forget you all when I'm living in the lap of luxury.

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

Nonono...YOU are going to be on TV. It's going to happen. You're already a star, it's just that nobody else knows it yet.

Until then, somebody's gotta get sick of flipping burgers, leaving a job opening for you. Yeah, you'll hate it. Then you'll get your college thing and eventually end up on TV where you can tell jokes about your burger flipping days.

It'll happen!