Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Why I dislike Simple Plan...? And other bands that I love


Simple Plan ...Why Do I Dislike them?
I have several issues with the Canadian band Simple Plan. My first issue is why did they start making sucky music? No one knows, they had a few good tunes such as "Addicted" and "I'd do anything" featuring Mark from Blink 182. Those were really good songs but then they became environementally aware...are they new to earth or just stupid? Seriously. I mean there's nothing wrong with being aware of the environment you live in and all of society's issues but keep it out of your freakin' music. I don't think celebrities should comment on politics, the environment etc. I believe they should use their power to help change the world but does it have to be in every song or on the news all the time. When it's in the news or in music it seems as though it's become a media grab not a chance to make the world a better place. If you ask me it seems as though Pierre is taking a few lessons fromU2 frontman Bono or as I like to call him Bozo. He's always got his head in the news and although he appears to be making changes I have yet to see them but i guess to each their own.

Speaking of Canadian Bands...
My future with Hedley's Jacob Hoggard.

If you know me personally then you know that I love Jacob Hoggard. I have made it my personal mission to marry Jake. It's a hard task but I am completely devoted to the cause. If you ask my family friend and sister they will both tell you that it starts out with stalking. Yes, that sounds creepy but it's for a good cause...my future to be exact. I first saw Jacob on my least favourite show Canadian Idol and that's when I knew that he would be MINE!!! By the time Canadian Idol had ended for the season I had forgotten about Jake and his crooning.
But then to my surprise he reappeared in the band Hedley. I was ecstatic. I became even more ecstatic when I found out his band was playing here in Kitchener. I made it my mission to see him perform live. Okay, I told my godmother and she bought the tickets.
Anyways, March 13th came and I was so excited because I knew that I would meet Jacob Hoggard no matter what. I changed my outfit half a million times and raced around the house like the raving lunatic I am.
So, we get to the club and it's packed. Of course, a small venue oversold. I was miserable because people were literally on top of me, people were fighting to get to the stage and it was a big mess of stinky, smelly people.
Well, Hedley started playing and I was still unhappy until Jacob saw me in the audience looking terrible. But my mood quickly changed because I was called up stage to dance with Hedley!!! And me being the shy person I am got up there and froze!!! like a deer caught in the headlights.
Anyways, I did a few fist pumps, managed not to throw up due to my nerves and had a blast the rest of the night. At the end, we stuck around to get autographs from the band. But this was not the end of my Jacob Hoggard Mission.
My godparents who are in the music biz went to the Junos this year where low and behold Hedley was performing. So me being the creative being that I am made my godparents a guide to Halifax but one of the things was that they had to give Jacob Hoggard my phone number. I know this sounds crazy but they did it!!! Except, that the band is not allowed to accept phone numbers although rumour has it that the drummer Chris Crippin was interested.
So, my mission is not complete but not impossible either.


The Other Love of my Life...
The other love of my life goes by the name of William Broad or more commonly known as Billy Idol. Yes, I will admit it seems odd that an 18 year old girl would find a man who is old enough to be her grandfather attractive. Well, anyways that's not what I'm ranting about today. Today it's about how there are no Canadian concert dates listed for Billy Idol. I want to say that this is outrageous but somehow I can't. I'm disappointed. I went last year and it was an awesome show. I hate to say this but better than Hedley(mind you, he has about 20 years more experience). Hopefully, he will play Toronto again and I can have a better psychadellic freakout than last year.

No comments: