Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's Not the End...

But rather a new beginning. It finally dawned on me today as I was reading the school newspaper...today may be the last day I ever see some people. I was reading the letter from the editor when I realised after this week most of us will be going our seperate ways. As I sat there reading the paper I began to remenisce about the last four years and for the first time in four years I didn't want to leave high school behind. Sure the future is bright and full of new adventures but I like the one I have now. With the exception of a few close friends most of my friends are going away. For example, the student editor a good friend of mine will be leaving for her dream school - Carlton. I remember in January when she was anticipating her acceptance and not only did she get acceptance but she received early acceptance.
I remember when I joined the school newspaper, it was out of spite. I wanted to voice my opinion and do it with a vengence. My very first article made the front page of the newspaper. I was so excited and proud. It was short lived because after four articles I was bored and dropped the newspaper. The yearbook was another attempt at an extra curricular and an easy credit. It was much harder than I thought and I had a love- hate relationship with it. I wanted to be a part of it because I wanted my face plastered all over the book which it was. After a semester of technology hell it was over and I vowed never again would I do that.
I have so many memories like the time I fell flat on my back in the snow with all my guy friends standing around. Or in grade 11 when Luau fell flat on her back in the snow and her binder popped open and this paper floated through the sky like a homework snowfall. We all laughed so hard that we couldn't help her up. There was also the time when I made a guy cry before9am( school record). My favourite day was when the first bell rang and some teacher tried to rush my friends and I out of the caf when the fire bell went. The school was on fire! It was awesome. My friends and I left the school and went out for the day. Sure, we were marked absent and truant but it was well worth it. There's so many memories that it would take me all day to list them.
It's hard to leave a place that I devoted so much time to. Everyone told me that the four years would go by quickly but I ignored them and thought that I had all the time in the world but I realize now that I took that for granted. The years went by so quickly and I can't believe in September that I will be in college. I'm too immature for university but at least I know that. September will be a new adventure, one that I am excited about but terrified of at the same time but hopefully this time I won't be sitting on the floor in the hallway crying because I lost my schedule.
I don't think that I'll miss the gossip or the homework or any of the crappy stuff but I will miss my friends and all the memories we have but somehow I don't think the memories will suffice.

So here's to you ...
  • Duck
  • Hilary
  • Roach
  • Chicken Teryaki
  • A.L.
  • Elizabeth
  • Katie Bug
  • Luau
  • the bad ass DJ/ math enthusist
  • Sims
  • Party Animal/ Gruesome Geddes
  • Gnomie
  • And everyone else

No comments: