Friday, June 30, 2006

No Luck...Yet

I posted my resume on a job board last night in hopes of getting a hit but so far only Burger King has looked at my resume. But I know how this goes, "Well, we'd hire you but you have no experience" and then I feel like screaming "How do I get experience if no one will hire me?!!!!" but I refrain because that doesn't look too good when you're talking to someone who may become your future employer. That's why today, I'm hoping to go out hand out some resumes to places that ask for you to apply in person. I plan on applying at a restaurant to be a dish washer/prep cook (yeah I'm ecstatic doing my least favourite chore), a call taker at a Cab company and sales associate at a curtain store. Wow, when I look at it on paper it seems really sad. But I'm not going to complain too much because I've had it pretty easy the last four years. Two summer jobs and my mom paid for everything else. I wouldn't be in such a rush if I didn't have college in the fall.

I feel so overwhelmed when I look at all the things I'm going to have to pay for in the fall. I liked it better when the textbooks were falling apart and free to use for the semester. I was talking to someone who recently graduated from the college I plan to attend and we were discussing what were we going to do with all the books that you have to buy. Every year, they change so it's not like you can sell them. I haven't even started yet and the amount I have to pay for fees and such is insane. Like, $3000 insane which is more than 3/4 of my OSAP. I put it all down on paper, and don't understand all the technicalities that they have then I get upset and I start yelling. Therefore nobody wants to be around me including myself. Gee, I'm so glad I decided to get myself a post secondary education that I can not afford.

So the job search continues. And hopefully somebody somewhere is desperate enough to hire someone with no "skills" or "experience."

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Don't give up honey. This is the time in your life to take the shitty job, tolerate it, and pocket the money. It won't always be like this. Once you get that edumacation, and you get your REAL job, and you get your college debt paid off...You're free. Actually you're free now. Nothing holds you back.


You know that if you started off with everything handed to you, (not mentioning any names) you'd never appreciate it. You will know the value of what you have.

blah blah blah blah blah xo

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Well, I applied at a grocery store today and a pet store. I have experience in those...I eat food and I have pets.