Monday, June 12, 2006

Chick with a Screw Driver

Now, when I say screw driver I don't mean the drink. I mean the tool, no not tool as in "I'm a tool" but the one that is used for doing stuff. Today, I was trying to arrange my new bedroom in my new house. It was rather entertaining to those who were watching my poor attempts at craftsmenship. The problem was that I needed to hang the canopy for my bed but in order to do that I needed to hang a screw from the ceiling. Well let's create the image of my poor attempts... one rather short girl standing on a stool, standing on the bed with a screw driver in hand and unable to reach the ceiling. After many attempts and 4 Red Hot Chilli Peppers tunes I was able to smash the screw in to the ceiling(and I mean smash, the Robinson screw driver became the hammer in about 3 minutes). Thankfully the music was loud enough that no one heard my swearing and cursing. So, after I hung the canopy I decided that I had done enough work for the day and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the evening. My patience had been tried enough for the day and well I'm sure the people at the church next door had seen enough of my antics for the day.

No comments: