Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hedley's Dirty Little Secrets

I have this pic autographed!!!



Okay, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Hedley. I love them because Jake is hot, they're Canadian and they've got some catchy songs. Good Canadian bands that have success are hard to find. I mean mainstream Canadian band success. So as I was watching the recap of the MMVA's I saw Hedley arrive to the event in a Police car with "hot" policewomen. It was a pretty cool arrival because no one at MuchMusic knew that they were arriving in a cop mobile. So they get there handcuffed and as usual Jake is his insane self. I love every minute of Jake footage. Seriously. I loved meeting him, I liked watching him rub his bum on strangers, I love his performance and especially when he impersonates the Mick Jagger chicken/rooster dance.

Anyways, Hedley was signed to Capitol Records in the U.S. which means they will sexified. Basically this means that everything they sing about is going to be about sex or somehow sex
related. It happens. I'm just disappointed because now they will be Americanized. By Americanized I mean that they will suck like Paris Hilton's new single (which is really catchy and gets stuck in my head but she CAN'T SING she more or less speaks over some instuments). Hedley being signed to Capitol Records, means they will now have International success. (I've already got my American cousins hooked) It's good for the band but what about the CANADIANS...we made you famous!!! It's as if every time Canada has something good, some other country comes and steals it away. I just want to shout "No! Hedley is MINE!!" but I'm sure half of the female population under 20 feels that way. Wait, let me rephrase that.
"NO! Jacob Hoggard is MINE" but I'm sure half of the female popualtion under 20 feels that way.

Another little Hedley secret is that during the Junos this year (they took place in Halifax) Jake got in a fight with one of the other band members ( I want to say Tom but I think it was the drummer Chris Crippin because Tom was the one who had his butt tattooed with Hedley. He and Jake did it together. Jake had to shave his bum. It was on MuchMusic). During the awards ceremony Jake had to wear band aids with butterflies on them.

Well, that's all the Hedley dirt I have for now...

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I now seriously regret not being aware of those tattoos last April. I mean it. I wish I knew about it because I would have asked. You frickin well know I would have asked!!!!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

It's okay. there's lots of time to plan out what we're going to do for next year's junos. We WILL see those tats.