Thursday, June 15, 2006

No Man, No Problem.

It has come to my attention that some girls will date boys or stay with their boyfriends because it feels that it gives them an elevation in social status. I totally, 100% disagree with this.
Why? you may ask.
Because, I have been single since December and enjoyed every freakin' minute of it. I don't think boyfriends bring you forward socially. Yes, they are great to have they have many positives but also many negatives. Let me give you some scenarios.

  • you get invited to a party but your boyfriend does not? What do you do? don't go.? ask if you can bring him along?
  • you want to go out with a group of friends. all your friends have significant others except for one...hmm the third wheel effect
  • you don't get along with your boyfriend's friends or vice versa...more complications
  • you miss time with your girlfriends because you are always with the boy

These are just a few examples.

I don't understand why people think that having a significant other makes them feel powerful or better than any one else.

Having a significant other on your side does not make you any more powerful, valuable or worthy than anyone else.

Dating should never be about convience or status. It should be about companionship and friendship.

Anyways, here are some famous couples...

This couple is from As the World Turns...Jack and Carly. Apparently "nobody does forever better."

For all you Johnny Depp fans...(Hick Chic and my chicken sister, Chicken Teryaki and my sister KK) This is Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder before they broke up and had her name tattoo changed to "Wino forever"

Another great couple. Lucy and Ricardo. Despite the fact that everyone loves Lucy, I think Ricardo loves her the most.

England's royalty next to the Queen. It's Posh and Becks.

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne...Okay, I don't know what to say about these two.

Sid and Nancy. Love kills. Literally.

No comments: