Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Last Day of Immaturity

Today was my last day of high school forever...unless I fail. Well, failing is impossible because my average is about 80% and I had mid to high seventies going in to the exam.

Anyways, back to the point of my rambling. As I was walking from the bus stop to the school (I refuse to ride the school specials because then I have to ride with a bunch of annoying grade nines and tens and feel ashamed of myself for not havning my driver's license, a job, a car and some money) I saw this white car swerve and fish tail towards the gas station near the bus stop. The driver looked familiar and then I realized it was a friend of a friend. So this car is going anywhere from 80 -120 km/hr or maybe it seemed faster because it was coming towards me I don't know. The car came up on the grass hit a telephone pole with a rather loud THWACK! Then back on to the road, then on to the grass where it did one complete donut and stopped perfectly as if someone had parked it there purposely. The car stopped about a meter from where I was standing and scared the hell out of me. The driver got out of the car, white as the uniform shirt and went to the payphone. Turns out some drunk driver cut him off as he was going into the school driveway and instead of swerving in to the school and hitting kids, he tried to straighten out the car but fishtailed towrds the gas station ...or so the rumour goes. All I know for sure is that he hit that pole and scared the crap out of himself.

After all this, I told my friends what happened and nobody believed me despite the car parked on someone's lawn. I wrote my exam, handed it in, had a goodbye and good luck speech from my guidance counselor. Then I tried to escape the school without another speech or running into someone but that failed. I ran into my first semester homeroom teacher who asked me about my future plans and what I would be doing this summer ( basically nothing). I hope to be working, fixing my car, saving some money and praying that Billy Idol to play Toronto this summer.

So that was the last day of school for me and the beginning of the job search. Much more eventful then I planned it to be.

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

You

Are

Free

Heidi the Hick said...

In the words of the great Alice Cooper:

School's out for EVER!

And yes there is one part claiming that school's out for summer, but it does't really count in your case because college is more like life than high school.

Heidi the Hick said...

Hey, go read Nifty today. You'll get it.