Monday, August 28, 2006

BANG! The Weekend is Over

The weekend started with the arrival of my Uncle. On my mom's blog and Hickchic's he's referred to as TMOC. It's always eventful when he's around, but there will be more on that later.
Saturday...involved work with what seemed as the World's longest shift ..okay it was 10:30 -4 but it seemed like forever. Then my mom came and picked me up which made me happy because it meant not riding the bus home but that's not even the best news. She told me that we were going to Hick Chic's farm...I haven't been there in a very long time. Also, going to the farm means horseback riding. Yes, people this very city girl rode a horse. And it wasn't my first time. Yep, I have been horseback riding before...So after dinner, I went riding and I got my work shoes covered in horse sh*t because that's how I feel about the grocery store right now. I am very ANGRY with the people in the office. So I covered my shoes in sh*t and I plan on stomping through the store covering their floors with sh*t. Then I was taken on a night tour of the junk yard. Yep, the children took me through the junk yard with their crazy dog whom I tried to put in my bag on the way out but it's hard not to notice a flat faced, snorty dog not running through the house.
On Sunday, my uncle took me to this "birthday party" and I use that term very loosely. The birthday girl had just seperated from her fiance, shortly before the wedding. So there was very little celebrating just a bunch of wine and food. Did I mention the birthday girl sitting in the corner reading even while we sang Happy Birthday? It was a depress fest to say the least. It was the longest few hours of my life...I wanted to be happy and have fun but I just couldn't so there I sat eating my cherry cheesecake. When I was relieved of the depress fest I came home to find out that L had called. Which I had secretly been praying for because that meant going to the Club. So I rushed around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get ready. Thankfully, I already had my hair done for the depress fest. So after what seemed like an eternity I picked out an outfit. It consisted of my punk rock pants and a long black t-shirt. I haven't worn my punk rock pants since grade 10 and it was amazing that I still managed to get in to them. So we pranced down the three blocks to the Club. They were playing Techno - I don't do techno ...EVER! Not only that we have to find our beat...it has to be the right song. The place was packed and everyone was there including the mathletes/badass DJ's. Yep, the mathletes brought it and tried to show everyone up. It was entertaining to the point where I couldn't even dance. Then some people from school showed up high on Speed. Not only did I see people from school but people from work which doesn't go over well when you called in sick earlier that day.
Now I am dreading going into work tonight because I don't have a Doctor's note but here's the thing...my doctor wouldn't give me a doctor's note if I came into his office with my head on fire and he had to piss on my head to get the fire out. So, the grocery store can screw itself right now, especially since they screwed up my hours in the office.
I'll let you know how my shift goes and the rest of my visit with my Uncle.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Guess what? BANG!!!! The summer is over!!!! Ha Ha!!!!! I know, I know, I am evil!!!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

ha ha ha! Evil funny mother!

KC, somehow you manage to take the crappiest stuff and make it funny. I of course especially loved the part about the sh*t on your shoes. That is rich!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

They loved my lack of doctors note today and my pissy attitude...

Biddie said...

What?!!? Say it ain't so!! My girl with a pissy attitude!!!

dilling said...

But you're still employed, right? So they DO love it...

Heidi the Hick said...

How can you not love this????!!!!!!