Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Questions Commonly Asked

Questions Commonly Asked At Work and the Responses I'd like to give...

  1. Can you give me directions to ------? No, but you can go next door and buy a fucking map.
  2. Where can I find ------? Uh, I don't know and I don't care. Does it look like I work in grocery?
  3. Do you sell cigarettes here? Do you see a customer service desk anywhere? No, you don't see one? Then, no, no we don't sell cigarettes here.
  4. Can you check my lottery ticket numbers? Yes, I can just let me run your goddamn ticket through my printer you bingo bag...No, you idiot of course I can't check your lottery ticket numbers.
  5. Why do you sell bags here? Why can't I just have them for free? Well, I don't know and honestly I don't care...Do you want a fucking bag or not?

These are just some of the questions I am often asked at work and sometimes when I'm in a bad mood this is what I feel like responding with although I never have. I just feel like it because sometimes the answers are so obvious. I must admit that there are days when I ask stupid questions as well and I guess I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

Ok, first of all...LANGUAGE, young lady!!!! Secondly, you crack me up, and thirdly, I got those same kinds of questions when I worked at Zehrs. My favourite is still..."you have beautiful eyes...Are they REAL?"
My answer?
No. they're glass and I'm the amazing blind cashier. Anything else I can help you with?

katy said...

good answers get them told!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I get so many dumb questions that I feel like screaming but refrain because as much as I hate that part of the job i still want to keep my job.

dilling said...

Um, why DO you sell the bags and not give them away free? Go on, tell me...tell me...tell me!!!!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

We buy whole sale to keep our prices really low. And we buy in massive quantities as well...so to keep our prices low you have to buy bags for five cents each. Usually if people just want one or two I give them the bags for free. If you don't want to buy bags we have box bins where you can use boxes for your groceries. And I usually get stuck cleaning the bins out which is gross.

dilling said...

So polite, and no bad language...
I was really expecting you to go off with some foul expletives and such.... damnit all, anyway. Actually, I use canvas bags so it doesn't really matter at all in the slightest to me...

dilling said...

Oh, but hey,
Do you know the way to San Jose?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I couldn't give directions if my life depended upon it ...

Heidi the Hick said...

If I ever move to your neck of the woods I'm going to shop in your store and ask some even more ridiculous questions, just because I love you and want to brighten your day!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Yeah but you asking them won't bother me because...
1. I know you're trying to get a rise outta me
2. I like you
3. I can tolerate you because I like you